Re: Branch has offers?

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
      Sounds like an accurate analysis to me. Now his agent is filing a
      grievance, because he claims the Pats were asking too much in return,
      thus ensuring a trade would not be made.

      What's the matter Mr. Chayut, is Deion not worth as much as you claim
      he is?

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, Orgone <orgone@...> wrote:

      > Let me get this straight. The Pats offered 18.75 mil over 3 yrs. The
      offers
      > from other teams are 36 mil for 6 yrs which is worth less by rate of pay
      > per year and 38 mil which is slightly more (18.75 X 2 = 37.5 mil).
      If all
      > this is accurate it seems to me that Mr. Branch no longer wants to
      be here.

      > Harry
      >

      > At 03:25 PM 9/1/2006 +0000, you wrote:
      > >Ron Borges is reporting in the Globe (if you can believe him) that
      > >Deion has two acceptable offers in hand, and the Patriots are
      > >negotiating a trade with these two teams as we speak.
      > >

      >http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/09/01/two_o
      > >ffers_for_branch/
      > >
      > >fdb
      > >

      > >To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an
      email to:

      > >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Orgone
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
        I don't think Chayut is doing Branch any favors and seems to be just be
        looking for a big payday for himself. Anyone know if he gets a better cut
        on a new deal with another team than he does working out an extension with
        the Pats?

        If Branch is such a good friend of Brady's how did he miss the fact that
        Brady has taken far less than he is worth for the sake of the team? They
        never discussed it?
        This whole thing is beginning to have a foul odor.

        Harry

        At 08:58 PM 9/1/2006 +0000, you wrote:
        >Sounds like an accurate analysis to me. Now his agent is filing a
        >grievance, because he claims the Pats were asking too much in return,
        >thus ensuring a trade would not be made.
        >
        >What's the matter Mr. Chayut, is Deion not worth as much as you claim
        >he is?
        >
        >fdb
        >
        >--- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, Orgone <orgone@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Let me get this straight. The Pats offered 18.75 mil over 3 yrs. The
        >offers
        >> from other teams are 36 mil for 6 yrs which is worth less by rate of pay
        >> per year and 38 mil which is slightly more (18.75 X 2 = 37.5 mil).
        >If all
        >> this is accurate it seems to me that Mr. Branch no longer wants to
        >be here.
        >>
        >> Harry
        >>

        >> At 03:25 PM 9/1/2006 +0000, you wrote:
        >> >Ron Borges is reporting in the Globe (if you can believe him) that
        >> >Deion has two acceptable offers in hand, and the Patriots are
        >> >negotiating a trade with these two teams as we speak.
        >> >

        >>http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/09/01/two_o
        >> >ffers_for_branch/
        >> >
        >> >fdb
        >> >

        >> >To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an
        >email to:
        >> >

        >> >Yahoo! Groups Links

        >To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an email to:
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Frank
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
          We all know how smart Bill and Scott are, so how's this for a
          conspiracy theory...

          The Patriots allow Branch to seek another deal knowing that one of two
          things will happen:
          1) Branch does not receiev an acceptable offer, and rejoins the Pats.
          2) Branch receives an acceptable offer, and requests a trade.

          In the case of (2) the Patriots demand an "unreasonable" trade,
          knowing it will be rejected, and most likely trigger a grievance. The
          mediator (or whatever the person is called, who reviews this thing)
          agrees, and strikes a compromise. The Jets (or 'Hawks) offered a #2,
          the Pats demanded two #1's. The compromise? The Pats get one #1. The
          Jets (or 'Hawks) reluctantly agree, the Pats get what they hoped to
          get all along, deduct $14,000/day from the money owed, and are rid of
          a headache. (In which case I hope it's the Jets. That's got to be a
          top 10 pick!)

          No, I don't really believe this, but it's my best Oliver Stone
          impersonation. ;o)