Re: [patriotzip] Patriot Touchdown Music

  • Bob George
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2006
      I understand and appreciate that the old music is now gone from us and while the song never meant Gary Glitter or even Rock and Roll Fantasy to most Patriot fans, it now has been linked solidly and I can accept not doing anything to support such a link.

      "Rock & Roll Part 2" was dropped by the Patriots and the NFL because of Gary Glitter's legal problems (child molestation, I believe, memory is a little fuzzy).  This is interesting in that we perform this song in our school bands in our district (we have to do a recruiting concert next Friday at a feeder school and this song is on the docket).  We got permission from our district office to keep playing it.  It's the composer that's in hot water, not the song.

      Bob G