Re: Mrs. B's Final 2006 TC Report 08/17

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 18, 2006
      I certainly join the chorus, Karen. It's always a pleasure to read
      your reports.

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Sheridan"
      <nepats@...> wrote:

      > Karen,
      >
      > As always, thank you very much.
      >
      > Wolfie

      believe that it's over and although I struggled a bit this year with
      the running around and tight crunch due to the numerous back to
      backs, TC reports and podcasts, I made it through! (Just 2 podcasts
      to get up then it's vacation time for me!!)

      > Here's the final Mrs. B observations and points...
      >

      > * Practice took place in shorts, shoulder pads, and helmets under
      partly cloudy skies. It was pretty packed today as many people wanted
      to take advantage of their last opportunity to see the boys in
      action.

      > *My training camp buddy, Mike hooked me up with a ticket to watch
      the final session in the VIP section with him... and I noticed Mike
      Reiss sitting in my primo spot...hehehe! (See you next summer,
      buddy!)

      > * No sign of Harrison or Wilson tonight nor any of the usual
      missing dudes.

      > * Once again, scout work dominated the practice with players
      wearing Arizona numbers including Wilson (24), Fitzgerald (11),
      Boldin (81), Johnson (80), Edwards (83). In fact, two of our players
      each had on 11 and 82.

      > * Andrews was wearing white again today.. (I did notice
      yesterday but.. DUH.. it didn't even click with all of the scout
      stuff and people playing other players going on!)

      > * Brady, Brown, and Graham did several gassers on their own in
      the other field during downtimes.

      > * Kick Returners were Faulk, Maroney, Berlin, Kight, Childress,
      and Hobbs. Gostkowski was on duty today both for Kickoffs (nice
      distance) and field goals, nailing every one... delighting all the
      kids on the hill. (The boys still had their clapping, wooing chant
      going today :-) They also worked a bit on onside kicks.

      > * Hobbs had a nice pick off of Cassell, which should boost his
      waivering confidence.

      > * Kight made a nice End Zone touchdown being covered by Vernell
      Brown.

      > * Brady looked better today than last night but not great IMHO,
      and hit Troy and Cobbs during hurry up but missed some as well.

      > *Cassell made a Hail Mary attempt and 4 guys ended up tangled on
      the ground in a heap. Troy emerged from the bottom, no worse for the
      wear!

      > * Defensive Line signed today along with Brady, Vrabel, Izzo,
      TBC, Brown, etc.... I got a chance to talk to Tully a bit and also
      asked Wilfork how it felt to be the Hero at the end of yesterday's
      session.. :-)

      > * For the final Fashion Update of Camp... Mrs. B closed it
      out in her traditional game day Throwback Red... which can continue
      to be seen at the Razor's Edge Tailgate each week! (Stop by and say
      hi.. all are welcome!) The infamous Man Capris were modeled this
      afternoon by Lonie, Sullivan, Cassel, Alexander, and Graham.
      Finally, BB shocked us all this camp by not breaking out the
      hoodie... guess it's becoming too mainstream now that it's available
      in the proshop and everybody's got them...hehehe!)

      > On a final note, thanks to all of you for your nice comments
      over the past 3 weeks. It's kept me going even when I sometimes
      didn't feel like making the trek for so many back to back doubles...
      Then, I would get home some days and post my report and later
      read others and realize that I really didn't have much to say that
      hadn't already been said.

      > So.... Patriot Nation, it just may be time to move on... There
      was a time when Mrs. B's Annual Training Camp Reports were THE
      source for the Happenings at Patriots Training Camp. However, that's
      no longer the case and we lucky Patriots fans are treated to a
      variety of news sources within a matter of minutes...

      > I've enjoyed sharing my Pats Passion with you over the years and
      remain...

      > Mrs. B.
      >

      > The sounds of the final camp session will be found on podcast
      Show #86 (if I can get it posted before leaving for vaca.)
      www.patriotworld.com