Re: Branch Article in Globe

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2006
      I agree. It certainly sounds like a reasonable starting point for
      negotiations. I can also understand the backloading issue. I would
      think the Pats could make an adjustment there, to kickstart the
      process. I also read that the signing bonus was to be spread over two
      years. They might consider paying it all up front. These are two
      moves that would show good faith, by addressing Branch's concerns,
      and not effect the total value of the contract. If that too was
      flatly rejected, the Pats would certainly be able to claim redoubled
      efforts to resolve the issue, and place the ball clearly in Branch's
      court.

      In Bill we trust.

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...>
      wrote:

      > There is a moe thorough breakdown of the Branch situation in the
      Boston Globe. It is interesting to me to note that Branch already
      may have accumulated 126K in fines. It was surprising that the sides
      report no communication since May. At the point my fines are
      reaching that high I'd either expect my agent to pay for them or my
      agent to be calling them and attempting to work a deal. The last
      offer came from the Patriots and as an extension it made Branch's
      salary offer just over 6 Million/year. I think these are at least
      numbers from which negotiation and counter offers could be made and I
      hope they are being made and we are simply blind to it.

      > Anyhow, I recommend the read:

      http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/08/05/no_
      reception_and_no_return/