RE: [patriotzip] Re: Going to the well . . .

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2006
      ***** In other words, Zip, you seem to believe that BB knows what he's doing, right? Gosh. I have the same feeling.

      ***** As I've said before, I can no longer allow my gut reaction to guide my opinion of any player personnel move made by our team. You presented an excellent chronology of the many player departures which gut reaction led me, and many other members of this group, to a wringing of hands, and a wiping of furrowed brow. "How in the world will we fill the hole created by this?" And, in each case, somehow, we did.

      ***** Now, as Bama has said, no man is infallible - not even BB. But his successes certainly far outnumber his mistakes Winning 3 of the last 5 Super Bowls is irrefutable evidence of that fact!

      ***** While I make no claim of understanding how he and Pioli do it, I am convinced that their system/philosophy works. For that reason, I refuse to panic over the loss, or possible loss, of any player on this team. I trust that BB knows who is truly irreplacable, and who is not. Those who are, like Brady and Seymour, will be given those "league leading" contracts. Those who are not, like Eaton, Woody, Milloy, and Law, will move on to follow the money, and leave the Lombardies behind.

      ***** Will the losses of Givens and Willie (I'm really going to miss him!) mean the end of the dynasty? I don't believe that for a minute. I have no idea who will fill the apparent holes at LB, CB, and WR that we all see. But I trust BB's judgement and forsight, and I'll do so until the day when this team looks like a loser, with no chance to get into the playoffs. And I've been here long enough to remember that feeling!

      ***** Part of the joy of being a Patriots fan in the BB era is in watching the solutions to the problems we face unfold. I miss the days of being able to "feel smart" by predicting what will happen. But those days didn't put Lombardi Trophies in the case. I can't predict more than a minute percentage of the moves BB will make. But this feels a lot better!

      Sawadee Khrap
      George