Re: Training camp rook!

  • Chowdah
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 24, 2006
      Thanks for replying Karen.

      Man my timing stinks...Miss the Bruschi Brew Brewing by being there 1
      week too early and miss the Training camp by being there 1 week too
      late!! My dream still is to make camp one of these years and get on
      your podcast! Well at least I got a Red Sox/Stankees game I can count
      on!

      I recall you saying camp closes on 8/17. You know I had also called
      Gillette to get any information I could and the woman I S/W said that
      this years training camp is only open to the public for 4 days!!
      7/28 - 7/31!!...Can that be right? If it is it stinks! The Buffalo
      BiLLLLs training camp is open to the public through August 24th!!!
      Granted it is the BiLLLLs and they have to be more fan friendly to
      try and get people interested in the pathetic product they are going
      to put out on the field but still....4 days? I think she was blowing
      smoke up my a@@!!

      Brandon is very excited about coming up. But he's more like a Bowl of
      Chowdah vs a cup...He is a big boy! 11/26 can't come soon enough!

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Cardoza" <PatsFan54@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey Chowdah!!
      >
      > Unfortunately, timing isn't the greatest for you as camp will be
      finished by then. It's scheduled to run until the 17th but BB has
      even been known to start cutting down practices towards the end. For
      the record, there's never (open) practice the day before a game and
      a day or two after as he'll give them a rest.

      > Look forward to seeing you in November and meeting the little Cup-O-
      Chowdah!

      > Mrs. B's Patriot World: http://www.patriotworld.com
      > Podcast Feed: http://patriotworld.com/podcasts/mrsbpodcast.xml

      Rochester,
      > NY! Hope you are having a great summer!
      >
      > I will be taking my 2 little Chowdahs into Boston for the weekend
      of
      > 8/18 - 8/20 to take them to their 1st Red Sox/Yanks Game @
      Fenway.
      > Since I am gonna be in the area it would be perfect to also work
      in a
      > day at the Razor for some training camp fun!
      >
      > This would be my 1st trip there for training camp so I'm hoping
      > draw on your collective expereinces. My big question is if the
      Pats
      > host a home pre-season game on a Friday Night (8/18 vs the
      Cardinals)
      > is there usually a practice on that Saturday 8/19??
      >
      > What's the best advise for getting my kids autographs? I live
      about 10
      > minutes away from the Buffalo BiLLLLs training camp here in
      Rochester
      > and the players are very accessible (Lawyer Milloy shook both my
      kids
      > hands and signed for them last year). Is it the same @ Gillette?
      >
      > And now for something completely different....
      >
      > I can't beleive I am gonna miss the bottling of the Bruschi Brew
      by 1
      > week! (AAARRGGHH!) How can an out of town Chowdah like me secure
      some
      > of that sweet nectar of the Gods? Will you be brewing my
      > favorite "Revere Boston"?
      >
      > I will be at the Razor with my oldest lil Chowdah, Brandon, on
      11/26
      > for the game against "Da Bears" (His 1st Pats game @ the Razor!).
      It
      > will be my 4th tailgate with you guys! Look forward to seeing you
      then!

      > Hey...Sing it with me....
      >
      > PAAAAAATTTRRRIIIOOOTTTSS RRRRUUULLLLEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

    • Karen Cardoza
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 24, 2006
        Duh... she must be new and is reading from the website... Those dates are the only ones "officially" released for the public by the Pats at this point.  They'll add more as time goes by.  Reiss already spilled the beans on the entire schedule by posting what I believe was a "media fyi" memo letting them know the tentatively scheduled dates and times, intended for their planning purposes.  As always, dates/times are subject to change because the purpose is not to entertain the fans (as much as we'd like it to be..hehehe) but to do whatever they need to do for the team...

        Mrs. B

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 25, 2006
          My thoughts exactly....You would think the 3 time SB Champs could
          afford to hire people that actually know what they are talking
          about! Thats why you are the only source of Camp info I can trust!
          I feel for all the Pats fans that had the misfortune of having to
          talk to to her!

          I may not physically be able to make it to camp this year but if I
          close my eyes and listen to your podcasts I FEEL like I'm there!
          Which is the next best thing!

          Thanks for your help and look forward to lifting a Bruschi Brew with
          you at the Bears game!