Training camp rook!

  • Chowdah
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 20, 2006
      Hey all....Chowdah(Brian F) here from the Pats fan club of Rochester,
      NY! Hope you are having a great summer!

      I will be taking my 2 little Chowdahs into Boston for the weekend of
      8/18 - 8/20 to take them to their 1st Red Sox/Yanks Game @ Fenway.
      Since I am gonna be in the area it would be perfect to also work in a
      day at the Razor for some training camp fun!

      This would be my 1st trip there for training camp so I'm hoping to
      draw on your collective expereinces. My big question is if the Pats
      host a home pre-season game on a Friday Night (8/18 vs the Cardinals)
      is there usually a practice on that Saturday 8/19??

      What's the best advise for getting my kids autographs? I live about 10
      minutes away from the Buffalo BiLLLLs training camp here in Rochester
      and the players are very accessible (Lawyer Milloy shook both my kids
      hands and signed for them last year). Is it the same @ Gillette?

      And now for something completely different....

      I can't beleive I am gonna miss the bottling of the Bruschi Brew by 1
      week! (AAARRGGHH!) How can an out of town Chowdah like me secure some
      of that sweet nectar of the Gods? Will you be brewing my
      favorite "Revere Boston"?

      I will be at the Razor with my oldest lil Chowdah, Brandon, on 11/26
      for the game against "Da Bears" (His 1st Pats game @ the Razor!). It
      will be my 4th tailgate with you guys! Look forward to seeing you then!

      Hey...Sing it with me....

      PAAAAAATTTRRRIIIOOOTTTSS RRRRUUULLLLEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Karen Cardoza
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 21, 2006
        Hey Chowdah!!

        Unfortunately, timing isn't the greatest for you as camp will be finished by then.  It's scheduled to run until the 17th but  BB has even been known to start cutting down practices towards the end.  For the record, there's never (open)  practice the day before a game and a day or two after as he'll give them a rest.

        Look forward to seeing you in November and meeting the little Cup-O-Chowdah!

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 21, 2006
          The pre-season game is Saturday the 19th actually if that helps your schedule any at all.

          Tickets for that are probably very easy to get but it won't help much in the autograph department.  Karen already responded and she is the guru of training camp detail so I defer to her on that front.

          I'll keep you apprised of the selections for Bruschi Brew flavors and as mentioned there will be at least a certainty of one of my bottles for you!

          I am going to the Aug 19 game with Bren - we return from Western PA on the early hours of the 18 and get down there for the game that Saturday late afternoon for tailgate (without Karen and Monty believe it or not!).

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 24, 2006
            Thanks for replying Karen.

            Man my timing stinks...Miss the Bruschi Brew Brewing by being there 1
            week too early and miss the Training camp by being there 1 week too
            late!! My dream still is to make camp one of these years and get on
            your podcast! Well at least I got a Red Sox/Stankees game I can count
            on!

            I recall you saying camp closes on 8/17. You know I had also called
            Gillette to get any information I could and the woman I S/W said that
            this years training camp is only open to the public for 4 days!!
            7/28 - 7/31!!...Can that be right? If it is it stinks! The Buffalo
            BiLLLLs training camp is open to the public through August 24th!!!
            Granted it is the BiLLLLs and they have to be more fan friendly to
            try and get people interested in the pathetic product they are going
            to put out on the field but still....4 days? I think she was blowing
            smoke up my a@@!!

            Brandon is very excited about coming up. But he's more like a Bowl of
            Chowdah vs a cup...He is a big boy! 11/26 can't come soon enough!

            --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Karen Cardoza" <PatsFan54@...>

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 24, 2006
              Duh... she must be new and is reading from the website... Those dates are the only ones "officially" released for the public by the Pats at this point.  They'll add more as time goes by.  Reiss already spilled the beans on the entire schedule by posting what I believe was a "media fyi" memo letting them know the tentatively scheduled dates and times, intended for their planning purposes.  As always, dates/times are subject to change because the purpose is not to entertain the fans (as much as we'd like it to be..hehehe) but to do whatever they need to do for the team...

              Mrs. B

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 25, 2006
                My thoughts exactly....You would think the 3 time SB Champs could
                afford to hire people that actually know what they are talking
                about! Thats why you are the only source of Camp info I can trust!
                I feel for all the Pats fans that had the misfortune of having to
                talk to to her!

                I may not physically be able to make it to camp this year but if I
                close my eyes and listen to your podcasts I FEEL like I'm there!
                Which is the next best thing!

                Thanks for your help and look forward to lifting a Bruschi Brew with
                you at the Bears game!