LPC: Razor's Edge Charity

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2006
      Greetings and Go Pats!

         As most of you are aware the Razor's Edge Tailgate has a Patriot Collection Bottle which we place out at every tailgate.  All the funds collected our donated to a Charity which we select in advance of each season.  In our First year we gave tribute to Joe Andruzze and the "CJ Buckley Foundation" which supports research and treatment of Children with Brain Cancer.  Last year in our second season we gave credit to the Tomorrow fund a locally based Organization for helping Children and families manage Cancer.  This year our donations were down a bit for a host of reasons but we still donated $600 to the cause which went along with the nearly $400 which was separately collected to aid the Relief effort in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.  Thank you to our many friends who donate time, effort, food, beverages and these funds which make the Razor's Edge a highly fun and generous collection of people.  Hopefully we will hae many more seasons of such excellent company.

         This year we are choosing to join our efforts towards Tedy Bruschi's Charity, Tedy's Team, in our Game Day Collections.  After his Stroke and recovery efforts, Tedy dedicated his Philanthropic efforts towards joining forces with the American Stroke Association.  Strokes are the leading cause of Disability and third leading cause of Death in the United States.  There are innumerable worthy charities and we cannot reasonably aid them all but we believe we have selected a worthy option and ultimately hope that by doing what we enjoy, Tailgating For Patriots Game-Day, we are able to bring about a little help to one worthy cause.

         I have spoken with the Charity Director and they are glad for any of our efforts and exceedingly supportive of our Full Tilt - Full Time crew.  Please feel free to review the considerable information on their Website at:
         While they expend some effort in organizing strong fund raisers for two primary race events, all of the donations are sent to support the American Stroke Association.  If there are any questions please feel free to email me  directly and I'll do my best to explore further.  In the meanwhile let's get ready for some football.

         As always our Tailgate remains an open place of welcome, hospitality, revelry and Patriotic Fervor.  There is always food, beverage and friendship to be shared by the many guests and members of the Razor's Edge.  The Donation bin is always present and while we do urge you to consider that as a method of appreciation for the offerings, it is by no means a requirement.  Hopefully we can exceed all past efforts on all fronts.  Please do share the knowledge of the Charity with the friends you bring to us and if you ever have trouble finding it please do ask as we try to ensure it is very visible but as the Tailgate ranks swell on occasion this can be challenging.

      Thank you as always and I look forward to our rapidly approaching chance to fire up the grills and celebrate our Patriotic Fandom as well as in some way becoming part of Tedy's Team.

      Randy "Zip" Pierce
      Proud Member of the Razor's Edge Tailgate
      Pats Fan, Bruschi Backer and WALKING Man!