Re: [patriotzip] Another R6 Find?

  • Orgone
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2006
      I like what his college coach had to say about him "He's a good athlete who is very smart. He really knows the game of football." Sounds like a 'N.E. Patriots" type prospect that will have 'some success' to go with his 'little bit of height', (paraphrasing BB).

      Harry

      At 09:03 AM 7/8/2006 +0700, you wrote:
      >Check out the article at patriots.com about our R6 pick, DL/NT
      LeKevin
      >Smith. This kid appears to have a great head on his big shoulders.
      Could he
      >be another late round "find" for BB/Pioli? I'm hoping so. I
      really like his
      >comments.
      >
      >I confess that I paid virtually no attention to any info about him
      following
      >the draft. But, after reading this article, I have to put him my list
      of
      >guys to watch in camp, and add him to my "My Man" list.
      >

      >http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetailpid=19767&pcid=41
      >
      >Sawadee Khrap
      >George

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      "The gospel of the monarchical patriotism is: 'The King can do no wrong.' We have adopted it with all its servility, with an unimportant change in the wording: 'Our country, right or wrong!' We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had - the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it, all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism."--Mark Twain
    • jmsweb55
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2006
        I'd be careful about taking the Pats official site stuff with a grain
        of salt.

        Here's a bit from Smith's Past that somehow got overlooked:

        Husker Smith cited in incident
        BY HILARY KINDSCHUH / Lincoln Journal Star

        University of Nebraska-Lincoln football player Le Kevin Smith was
        cited for third-degree assault and disturbing the peace after
        allegedly assaulting a university parking cadet who issued him a
        parking citation Friday.

        University Police Sgt. Jerry Plessel said the cadet had just ticketed
        Smith's vehicle for improper parking in the South Stadium parking
        area around 1:45 p.m. when Smith approached him and squeezed his neck
        a couple of times, causing a choking sensation accompanied by pain,
        discomfort and redness.

        the rest can be found on the link
        http://journalstar.com/articles/2005/10/10/huskerextra/doc4349fa95706d
        f589696960.txt

        His punishment... "slap on the wrist" apparently

        SMITH TO START: Nebraska coach Bill Callahan said senior nose tackle
        Le Kevin Smith will not face suspension and will start Saturday's
        game against Baylor. Smith was cited for third-degree assault and
        disturbing the peace after allegedly assaulting a university parking
        cadet who issued him a citation Friday. Callahan said he knew of the
        incident before Saturday's game against Texas Tech. "I had a long
        visit with him and talked to him privately about a lot of things,"
        Callahan said. "We don't condone any type of behavior of that nature.
        I think we all learned a valuable lesson about respect." Callahan
        said Smith already has faced internal punishment that will remain
        private.

        http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2005/10/12/huskerextra/doc434c9ef1
        723af797921268.txt

        Callaghan, the Raiders former coach, spoke of respect and lessons
        learned
        http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2042020&u_rnd=2147207

        Gary Lacey, Lancaster County attorney, said Tuesday his office was
        reviewing reports and hadn't decided if it would prosecute the case.
        No court appearance for Smith is scheduled until Oct. 28.

        Callahan said during his weekly press conference that he had a "long
        visit" with Smith.

        "Certainly we respect everybody that has a job to do in their roles
        in life," Callahan said. "That's a part of growing up and a part of
        understanding people, and how to relate to people and how to get
        along.

        "I think we all learned a valuable lesson in that respect, whether
        it's one of the janitors in the building . . . a parking officer,
        whoever. Everyone deserves that respect and dignity."