Another R6 Find?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2006
      Check out the article at patriots.com about our R6 pick, DL/NT LeKevin
      Smith. This kid appears to have a great head on his big shoulders. Could he
      be another late round "find" for BB/Pioli? I'm hoping so. I really like his
      comments.

      I confess that I paid virtually no attention to any info about him following
      the draft. But, after reading this article, I have to put him my list of
      guys to watch in camp, and add him to my "My Man" list.

      http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=19767&pcid=41

      Sawadee Khrap
      George
    • Orgone
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2006
        I like what his college coach had to say about him "He's a good athlete who is very smart. He really knows the game of football." Sounds like a 'N.E. Patriots" type prospect that will have 'some success' to go with his 'little bit of height', (paraphrasing BB).

        Harry

        At 09:03 AM 7/8/2006 +0700, you wrote:
        >Check out the article at patriots.com about our R6 pick, DL/NT
        LeKevin
        >Smith. This kid appears to have a great head on his big shoulders.
        Could he
        >be another late round "find" for BB/Pioli? I'm hoping so. I
        really like his
        >comments.
        >
        >I confess that I paid virtually no attention to any info about him
        following
        >the draft. But, after reading this article, I have to put him my list
        of
        >guys to watch in camp, and add him to my "My Man" list.
        >

        >http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetailpid=19767&pcid=41
        >
        >Sawadee Khrap
        >George

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        "The gospel of the monarchical patriotism is: 'The King can do no wrong.' We have adopted it with all its servility, with an unimportant change in the wording: 'Our country, right or wrong!' We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had - the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it, all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism."--Mark Twain
      • jmsweb55
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 8, 2006
          I'd be careful about taking the Pats official site stuff with a grain
          of salt.

          Here's a bit from Smith's Past that somehow got overlooked:

          Husker Smith cited in incident
          BY HILARY KINDSCHUH / Lincoln Journal Star

          University of Nebraska-Lincoln football player Le Kevin Smith was
          cited for third-degree assault and disturbing the peace after
          allegedly assaulting a university parking cadet who issued him a
          parking citation Friday.

          University Police Sgt. Jerry Plessel said the cadet had just ticketed
          Smith's vehicle for improper parking in the South Stadium parking
          area around 1:45 p.m. when Smith approached him and squeezed his neck
          a couple of times, causing a choking sensation accompanied by pain,
          discomfort and redness.

          the rest can be found on the link
          http://journalstar.com/articles/2005/10/10/huskerextra/doc4349fa95706d
          f589696960.txt

          His punishment... "slap on the wrist" apparently

          SMITH TO START: Nebraska coach Bill Callahan said senior nose tackle
          Le Kevin Smith will not face suspension and will start Saturday's
          game against Baylor. Smith was cited for third-degree assault and
          disturbing the peace after allegedly assaulting a university parking
          cadet who issued him a citation Friday. Callahan said he knew of the
          incident before Saturday's game against Texas Tech. "I had a long
          visit with him and talked to him privately about a lot of things,"
          Callahan said. "We don't condone any type of behavior of that nature.
          I think we all learned a valuable lesson about respect." Callahan
          said Smith already has faced internal punishment that will remain
          private.

          http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2005/10/12/huskerextra/doc434c9ef1
          723af797921268.txt

          Callaghan, the Raiders former coach, spoke of respect and lessons
          learned
          http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=2042020&u_rnd=2147207

          Gary Lacey, Lancaster County attorney, said Tuesday his office was
          reviewing reports and hadn't decided if it would prosecute the case.
          No court appearance for Smith is scheduled until Oct. 28.

          Callahan said during his weekly press conference that he had a "long
          visit" with Smith.

          "Certainly we respect everybody that has a job to do in their roles
          in life," Callahan said. "That's a part of growing up and a part of
          understanding people, and how to relate to people and how to get
          along.

          "I think we all learned a valuable lesson in that respect, whether
          it's one of the janitors in the building . . . a parking officer,
          whoever. Everyone deserves that respect and dignity."