Re: Bethel Johnson traded to the Saints

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2006
      I think this is an excellent trade. Sullivan should develop into a
      solid backup for Wilfork, and another big body for those 4-3
      situations, under BB and Pees guidance. You're right, if anyone can
      get something out of this guy, it's BB. Reuniting him with Seymour
      may be helpful as well. He's making just over vet minimum for his
      time in the league, so the financial risk is low. Bethel was a real
      disappointment. Great speed, but apparently nothing else. Sort of
      like Tony Simmons. I think we'll be fine at WR. Having guys like
      Watson, Graham, and Thomas is almost like having a couple extra WRs
      to begin with.

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...>
      wrote:

      > I'm generally in favor of this trade. I thought our defense needed
      another strong potential at Defensive Tackle and while Sullivan has
      had attitude and performance issues, he has considerable potential
      and the risk to extract this from him here is fairly low comparable
      to Bethel.

      > We did load up with return potential to replace Bethel whom was
      effectively replaced last year anyhow. I do worry about the
      receiving corps still and will be interested to observe how it
      unfolds over the training camp. There will be a surprise receiver or
      two having a shot at this team and Bam may be the benefactor but one
      thing I expect is less 3 WR sets than previously used by this team -
      especially with the receiving talents at our TE position.

      > Go Pats!
      > Zip

      for DT Jonathan Sullivan; http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?
      id=2471676.

      > I guess this shouldn't be a big surprise considering his
      inconsistent play and the complaints of attitude problems. ESPN
      seems to indicate that we are just trading one trouble for another
      but Belichick has a way of turning trouble around so we shall see.