RE: [patriotzip] Maroney has played defense

  • Orgone
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006
      At 12:16 PM 5/1/2006 -0700, you wrote:
      What do we think overall of the Patriots acquisitions? Good, bad or indifferent OR "wait and see"??

      I think the first three picks are going to be very good and will help the team this year, especially Maroney if Dillon lets him get on the field too often. Jackson has every opportunity to become rookie of the year. Thomas will likely need some bulking up to be effective. If he can do it this year he should contribute. I expect one or two, maybe three 'diamonds' to emerge from the rest who will also help this year leaving projects and depth for 2007.

      What does anyone think of Leinart and where he ended up?

      May be the best thing for Leinart's career that he dropped.

      Every football fan in New England should know that the first round of the draft is not the place to get a pro caliber quarterback. I believe statistics will back me up on this. Leinhart, Cutler and Young will probably all be journeymen in 5-6 years. I look for the QB's going in the mid to late rounds to teams that know how to develop players to emerge and be successful. I think guys like Roethlisburger are the exception rather than the rule.

      Harry