Maroney has played defense

  • Orgone
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006
      This is from Gil Brandt's analysis on NFL.com;

      -Maroney played running back in high school and ran for 1,948 yards as a senior with 25 touchdowns. He also played defense and had 15 sacks as a senior.-

      Harry
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2006
        What do we think overall of the Patriots acquisitions? Good, bad or indifferent OR "wait and see"??
        Good moves or bad?
        What does anyone think of Leinart and where he ended up?
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2006
          I think it's always "wait and see", but we managed to both fill some
          immediate needs, and get quality players. Getting the second or third
          rated RB and WR in the first 36 picks is pretty impressive.

          BB always downplays drafting for need, but in this draft it's hard to
          deny that they did; a RB for the future (if not the present), a
          replacement for Givens, potential replacement for Vinatieri. The TE
          picks were more in line with the "value" philosophy; versitile,
          coachable athletes. You notice they picked up a couple DBs and a
          couple LBs in the undrafted market. I think they played their cards
          pretty well.

          fdb

          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Moore" <scmoore@...> wrote:

          > What do we think overall of the Patriots acquisitions? Good, bad or
          > indifferent OR "wait and see"??
          > Good moves or bad?
          > What does anyone think of Leinart and where he ended up?

        • Orgone
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2006
            At 12:16 PM 5/1/2006 -0700, you wrote:
            What do we think overall of the Patriots acquisitions? Good, bad or indifferent OR "wait and see"??

            I think the first three picks are going to be very good and will help the team this year, especially Maroney if Dillon lets him get on the field too often. Jackson has every opportunity to become rookie of the year. Thomas will likely need some bulking up to be effective. If he can do it this year he should contribute. I expect one or two, maybe three 'diamonds' to emerge from the rest who will also help this year leaving projects and depth for 2007.

            What does anyone think of Leinart and where he ended up?

            May be the best thing for Leinart's career that he dropped.

            Every football fan in New England should know that the first round of the draft is not the place to get a pro caliber quarterback. I believe statistics will back me up on this. Leinhart, Cutler and Young will probably all be journeymen in 5-6 years. I look for the QB's going in the mid to late rounds to teams that know how to develop players to emerge and be successful. I think guys like Roethlisburger are the exception rather than the rule.

            Harry