Why the Patriots Shouldn't Trade Up

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2006
      This is the year! Bill Belichick and Scott Pioli have
      been wheeling and dealing drast picks every year to
      move up a round next year. Well this is the year to
      cash in! This is the deepest draft in the last 10
      years. The number of players receiving 1st round
      grades are only about 12-15. Perhaps one will fall to
      the Patriots at #21 like vince Wilfork did. The meat
      and potatoes of this draft is the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
      The Patriots have 2 picks in both the 3rd and 4th
      rounds or 6 of the 1st 119 players.

      Cash in ... use all 11 picks because this team has
      some holes. They have underachieving veteran players
      too (Dan Klecko and Marguise Hill come to mind). get
      some young blood in here to push these vets (possibly
      out the door).

      I can see us dropping down in the first round too,
      getting an extra pick that we can package to move up
      in Round 2 or together with another pick for a second
      #2.

      Don't trade picks away this year ... I know BB loves
      to do this, but this is the year to reap the benefits
      of all these past trades ( 6th for next years 5th,
      then trade the 5th for next years 4th the following
      year).

      Is it Draft Day yet?

      "It's beocome quite apparent, Bill Belichick could put Diet Pepsi Machine in his secondary and everything will still be copasetic." - Rich Eisen NFL Network

      http://mail.yahoo.com