RE: [patriotzip] Will we draft another TE this year?

  • Don Diamant
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 12, 2006

      Sorry to see Christian go, he is a solid veteran.  With two great young TE’s I don’t see another TE in the draft.  I think we’ll go with a good veteran for little more than the veteran minimum.  TE is not a priority, I think, for our team.

      Don

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 12, 2006
        I see us taking at least one TE, and possibly two.
        It's the best year ever for TE's and the Pats will get
        a really good player in the later rounds.

        Garrett Mills TE Tulsa is a player that is projected
        as a FB rather than TE. He can cover two positions,
        something BB likes. Has been compared to Larry
        Centers in his pass catching abilities. 5th or 6th
        round.

        Anthony Fasano TE Notre Dame will last until our picks
        in the 3rd round.

        There are several others ...

        --- Don Diamant <jeepndd@...> wrote:

        > Sorry to see Christian go, he is a solid veteran.
        > With two great young TE's
        > I don't see another TE in the draft. I think we'll
        > go with a good veteran
        > for little more than the veteran minimum. TE is not
        > a priority, I think,
        > for our team.
        >

        > Don
        >

        > _____

        eam+logo&w3=Nfl+team+jersey&c=3&s=59&.sig=AVlhuI6iOGlR74GLOWGw4A>
        > team flag
        >

        > Nfl

        eam+logo&w3=Nfl+team+jersey&c=3&s=59&.sig=ZlTmBKU7aZFOZy9a11v1Pw>
        > team logo
        >

        > Nfl

        +team+logo&w3=Nfl+team+jersey&c=3&s=59&.sig=fig4yBnxCPa9_2Srvnw4Eg>
        > team
        > jersey
        >

        > _____
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >

        > * Visit your group "patriotzip
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/patriotzip> " on the
        > web.

        > Yahoo!
        > Service.
        >

        > _____

        "It's beocome quite apparent, Bill Belichick could put Diet Pepsi Machine in his secondary and everything will still be copasetic." - Rich Eisen NFL Network

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Don Diamant
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 13, 2006

          The draft is also said to be deep in LB’s and CB’s.  There is little doubt our LB corps is aging and I don’t think anyone can honestly say we looked fine at CB last year.  Add to that a definite need for a RB to replace Dillion who hopefully hasn’t seen the end to his best days yet and I just don’t see us taking any TE’s.  We have two top up and coming TE’s already, both should impress again this year.  I can’t see us not filling the gap with a veteran TE but you may be right Mark.  Bill Belichick has surprised me more than once.  I never saw first round TE picks two years in a row but BB did it with Graham one year and Watson the next.  I’d just hate to see us miss the next Tatupu out of the draft when we already have two great young TE’s, it just seems to me it would be a waste of a draft pick to take another new TE…

          Don

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 13, 2006
            An excellent note Don and I'm in agreement with you fully.

            Mark knows his draft world well and is far more of an expert than myself but I don't see us taking a tight end.  Our third string vresion of such can come from a host of TEs out there many with some familiarity to our system from training camps, practice squads and such.

            I can't even remotely predict BB but I know our needs a bit and will watch to see how his plan unfolds with some enthusiasm.

            Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 10:12 AM

            --- Don Diamant <jeepndd@...> wrote:

            > Sorry to see Christian go, he is a solid veteran.
            > With two great young TE's
            > I don't see another TE in the draft.  I think we'll
            > go with a good veteran
            > for little more than the veteran minimum.  TE is not
            > a priority, I think,
            > for our team.
            >

            > Don
            >

            >   _____

          • Mark
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 13, 2006
              I was not as surprised they took Watson as I was when
              they took Graham. Remember that Watson wasn't our 1st
              pick that year Wilfork was. They could afford to
              gamble a little then.

              We have a lot of picks and there are so many good TE's
              that you can get for little money as compared to a vet
              at minimum.

              --- "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:

              > An excellent note Don and I'm in agreement with you
              > fully.
              >
              > Mark knows his draft world well and is far more of
              > an expert than myself but I don't see us taking a
              > tight end. Our third string vresion of such can
              > come from a host of TEs out there many with some
              > familiarity to our system from training camps,
              > practice squads and such.
              >
              > I can't even remotely predict BB but I know our
              > needs a bit and will watch to see how his plan
              > unfolds with some enthusiasm.
              >
              > Go Pats!
              > Zip

              === message truncated ===