Re: [patriotzip] No Randle El either...

  • Orgone
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2006
      At 01:18 AM 3/13/2006 +0000, you wrote:
      >He's gone to the 'skins.
      >Mr. Finneran, are you still there?
      >
      >Could the rumors be true of David Givens return to the Pats? One
      can
      >only hope.

      Givens isn't a premiere free agent. He's disciplined, tough, runs excellent routes and finds ways to get open. By standards everywhere else in the NFL but New England he's short and can't jump that high nor is he especially fast. That's why New England will probably win the SB again this year despite most writers calling the Pats done. Hopefully with a humbled but reprioritized David Givens.

      Harry

      "No matter how cynical I get, I can't keep up."--Lily Tomlin
    • Don Diamant
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12, 2006

        The same could have been said for Patten, but the ‘skins didn’t hesitate to grab him.  But the ‘skins have apparently over spent for another veteran WR this year so perhaps you’re on to something…

        Don