No Randle El either...

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12 5:18 PM
      He's gone to the 'skins.
      Mr. Finneran, are you still there?

      Could the rumors be true of David Givens return to the Pats? One can
      only hope.

      The other rumor is that Adam will be gone by morning. Time to draft a
      kicker?

      fdb
    • Orgone
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12 6:00 PM
        At 01:18 AM 3/13/2006 +0000, you wrote:
        >He's gone to the 'skins.
        >Mr. Finneran, are you still there?
        >
        >Could the rumors be true of David Givens return to the Pats? One
        can
        >only hope.

        Givens isn't a premiere free agent. He's disciplined, tough, runs excellent routes and finds ways to get open. By standards everywhere else in the NFL but New England he's short and can't jump that high nor is he especially fast. That's why New England will probably win the SB again this year despite most writers calling the Pats done. Hopefully with a humbled but reprioritized David Givens.

        Harry

        "No matter how cynical I get, I can't keep up."--Lily Tomlin
      • Don Diamant
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 12 6:50 PM

          The same could have been said for Patten, but the ‘skins didn’t hesitate to grab him.  But the ‘skins have apparently over spent for another veteran WR this year so perhaps you’re on to something…

          Don