Hadn't thought of this...

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6 12:39 PM
      From a news wire story on Yahoo today...

      ***************************************

      The removal of the salary cap for the 2007 season has long-term
      ramifications. If the sides are unable to agree to an extension, Upshaw
      has said the union would not accept a salary cap in the future.

      "There obviously will not be a cap beyond 2006," Upshaw said. "So if
      anyone expects me to make a deal to sell the players on making less
      money, I'm not going to do that."

      In other words, if there is no deal, and we enter 2007 with no cap,
      we're not just talking about 2007. The NFL becomes MLB; no cap for the
      forseeable future. That would be a disaster, IMO.