WOW!

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2006
      ***** The NFL is in real trouble due to the impass over the revenue sharing plan. Now that the labor agreement negotiations have broken down, look at the releases that were announced today!

      Broncos Waive Putzier
      The Denver Broncos have announced the team has waived TE Jeb Putzier.
      Broncos Waive Pryce
      The Denver Broncos have announced the team has waived DE Trevor Pryce.
      Broncos Waive Leading Rusher
      The Denver Broncos have announced the team has waived RB Mike Anderson.
      Panthers Release Buckner
      Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the Carolina Panthers have cut DT Brentson Buckner. The move clears about $1.5 million in cap room.
      Carolina Cuts S. Davis
      Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the Carolina Panthers have cut RB Stephen Davis. The move dropped his salary cap hit from $3.8 million to about $1 million.
      Carolina Cuts Smart
      Bills Release Adams
      John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports with the release of DT Sam Adams, the Buffalo Bills save $3.5 million of cap room. Adams was scheduled to make $2 million in base salary and $1.5 million in prorated bonus money.
      Buccaneers Re-sign Simms
      The Associated Press reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have agreed to a one-year, $2 million contract with QB Chris Simms. If the two sides had not come to an agreement by Friday, March 3, Simms would have been a restricted free agent.
      Dolphins Release McIntosh
      Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins have released OLT Damion McIntosh, who was due to earn $4.425 million in salary for 2006. The move saves the Dolphins about $4.48 million in cap room.
      Miami Releases Madison
      MiamiDolphins.com reports the Miami Dolphins have terminated the contract of CB Sam Madison.
      Bills Cut Milloy
      BuffaloBills.com reports the Buffalo Bills have released SS Lawyer Milloy.
      Bills Waive Campbell
      BuffaloBills.com reports the Buffalo Bills have released TE Mark Campbell.
      Brunell Agrees to Restructure
      Gary Fitzgerald, of Redskins.com, reports the Washington Redskins have agreed to terms with QB Mark Brunell to restructure his current contract. Specific details of the restructure were undisclosed.
      Titans Release Hopkins
      ESPNews reports the Tennessee Titans have released OT Brad Hopkins.

      ***** So now both Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy are on the open market. Deja Vu all over again?

      Sawadee!
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
        ***** This one really surprised me!

        Wide receiver Marvin Harrison was one of four Indianapolis Colts starters on
        the inactive list for Sunday's game against the New England Patriots.

        ***** Now this is VERY good news for us in terms of the most important
        element. It gives us a better opportunity to win the game. From the
        relatively meaningless "publicity" point of view, however, it gives the
        Patriots haters an "excuse" for the beating that we are about to give to the
        Colts.

        George
        "I don't have a whole lot of what-ifs. We won three Super Bowls," (Tom
        Brady)
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2008
          ***** One hell of a finish in that Jags - Steelers game! That's Playoff
          football, Man!!

          ***** The outcome was as I expected, but I didn't think it would be that
          close. The Jags damn near blew it! Looked like a major choke, until Garrard
          made that HUGE 32 yard run on 4th and 2!

          ***** Jags won't be any "gimmee" game. They have a great running attack, a
          QB who has been outstanding at taking care of the ball, a very tough DL that
          can both stop the run, and pressure the passer. Of course, we all know that
          the on field strength of the Patriots is that they have enough weapons to
          attack any defense, one way or another; and the off field strength to
          prepare the defense to take away the best weapon of any opposing offense. So
          (brace yourself for this shocker!), I predict a Patriots victory! :-)

          ***** As for the LOSERS, it couldn't happen to a better team ... this week.
          I'd love to see the same thing happen to the Irsay/Polian/Dungy triumvirate
          next week. I certainly wouldn't rule it out against the Chargers, who are
          really playing well now. Let's see how they come out of the game tomorrow.
          Healthy, I hope.

          ***** Tomorrow, I expect both home teams, the Colts and Bucs, to win. But I
          would not be shocked by an upset in either or both games. Neither the Bucs
          nor Giants are really outstanding teams, IMO; which leaves that one very
          much in doubt. And, of course, both the Colts and Chargers are outstanding
          teams. Should be some good, competitive, Playoff football for us.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2008
            You do realize that today the Colts do not play as you suggest but that Tennessee plays at San Diego where they are a deservedly significant underdog despite their going to overtime with the Chargers in Week 14?

            Tennessee would come to New England if they won but if they lose we of course get the Jaguars who looked good and bad at different times last night.  Mostly they looked exactly as you suggest, a powerful running attack and a cautious QB.  We can pressure Gerard but I'll save much analysis there until after today's game makes our opponent clear.

            That was a fun bit o f playoff football at the finish and Gerard's run was absolutely the game breaker as was Pittsburgh running that QB sprint-out on third and five with a one point lead...if you don't want to go for the win the other team just might.  Foolish and they paid for it though I frankly would have liked for the Steelers to win the game.

            Be Well and Go Pats!

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 6, 2008
              ***** LOL! Sorry about that, Randy. I sent that note at 12:30 PM, my time, after sleeping for about 3 hours the night before, and rising at 3:30 to watch the two games. My foggy brain did a "fast forward" to the Colts - Chargers game that I expect to see next week! I truly do expect the Chargers to rout the Titans, and just had trouble even bringing that game into my consciousness!

              ***** Nevertheless, I'll be up all night tonight (it's closing on 10 PM now) to watch both games. I really hate living in Thailand during football season! (... yeah, and baseball season, and basketball season, and hockey season, and MLS season, and golf season, and WWE season, and ...)