Speaking of John Tomase...

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2006
      A little OT, and everyone has probably already read this in the
      Herald, but it is a hoot. Here's the quote, from Yahoo's Charles Robinson.

      One of the funniest reporter/athlete exchanges happened Saturday when
      Boston Herald scribe John Tomase was talking with Boston College
      defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka. The snippet, verbatim:

      Tomase: "Someone brought up Rosevelt Colvin earlier. During the (New
      England Patriots') season, he talked about how much he loved sacks. He
      said on the field it's all he cares about: 'I want sacks. I don't want
      tackles or interceptions, I want sacks.' Do you have that kind of
      feeling on the field?"

      Kiwanuka: "Do I think of sex on the field?"

      Tomase (mortified): "No! Sacks – SACKS! Good God. I was wondering why
      you were smiling so much."

      Kiwanuka (laughing): "I was wondering where you were going with that."

      Tomase: "Sorry – Boston accent."

      Kiwi would look good in a Pats uniform!

      fdb
    • David Brunat