Re: No tags used by Pats

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 24, 2006
      From the Heralsd:

      The feeling among league observers at the NFL combine yesterday was
      the Patriots and Vinatieri would agree to a multiyear contract in the
      next week.

      "I think they'll try to work something out and get a long-term
      deal done," said Cleveland Browns head coach Romeo Crennel, the
      former Patriots defensive coordinator. "But if he's not in their
      price range, they'll do what they do and look somewhere else."

      I think they probably will reach a deal before the 3rd. No reason,
      other than it's crunch time, and I do think Adam wants to stay here.
      If they don't reach a deal, he'll be gone. Someone will offer him $3
      mil or close to it (can you say Parcells?), and the Pats obviously
      don't want to pay that much. Like Crennel said, "they'll do what they
      do, and look somewhere else".

      (hoping he stays)
      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, Ed Bryant <edbryant36@...> wrote:

      > Not until March 3, or, if Gene Upshaw gives the owners more
      time.......

      > George <patswingr@...> wrote: ***** So Adam is now a UFA!
      >
      > George
      >
      > Rich Carreiro <rlcarr@...> wrote:
      > Just in from Reiss -- neither the franchise tag nor transistion
      > tag were used by the Pats.
      >
      > --
      > Rich Carreiro rlcarr@...

      > Nfl team flag Nfl team logo Nfl team jersey

      Service.