Re: [patriotzip] No tags used by Pats

  • Ed Bryant
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 23 7:56 PM
      Not until March 3, or,  if Gene Upshaw gives the owners more time.......

      George <patswingr@...> wrote:
      ***** So Adam is now a UFA!

      George

      Rich Carreiro <rlcarr@...> wrote:
      Just in from Reiss -- neither the franchise tag nor transistion
      tag were used by the Pats.

      --
      Rich Carreiro                            rlcarr@...

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 24 4:47 AM
        From the Heralsd:

        The feeling among league observers at the NFL combine yesterday was
        the Patriots and Vinatieri would agree to a multiyear contract in the
        next week.

        "I think they'll try to work something out and get a long-term
        deal done," said Cleveland Browns head coach Romeo Crennel, the
        former Patriots defensive coordinator. "But if he's not in their
        price range, they'll do what they do and look somewhere else."

        I think they probably will reach a deal before the 3rd. No reason,
        other than it's crunch time, and I do think Adam wants to stay here.
        If they don't reach a deal, he'll be gone. Someone will offer him $3
        mil or close to it (can you say Parcells?), and the Pats obviously
        don't want to pay that much. Like Crennel said, "they'll do what they
        do, and look somewhere else".

        (hoping he stays)
        fdb

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, Ed Bryant <edbryant36@...> wrote:

        > Not until March 3, or, if Gene Upshaw gives the owners more
        time.......

        > George <patswingr@...> wrote: ***** So Adam is now a UFA!
        >
        > George
        >
        > Rich Carreiro <rlcarr@...> wrote:
        > Just in from Reiss -- neither the franchise tag nor transistion
        > tag were used by the Pats.
        >
        > --
        > Rich Carreiro rlcarr@...

        > Nfl team flag Nfl team logo Nfl team jersey

        Service.