RE: [patriotzip] No tags used by Pats

  • Don Diamant
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006

      He’s already the highest paid kicker in football.  I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

      Don

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
        That doesn't mean other teams are not going to offer more for him to leave the pats behind.

        --
        Rich Carreiro                            rlcarr@...

      • jmsweb55
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
          He's not a FA until March 3. They still have a week to re-sign him I
          believe.

          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, chris dressler <dres74@...> wrote:

          > That doesn't mean other teams are not going to offer more for him to
          leave the pats behind.

          > Don Diamant <jeepndd@...> wrote: v\:*
          {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
          w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape
          {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
          st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) } He's already the
          highest paid kicker in football. I don't think he's going anywhere.

          > Don
          >

          > ---------------------------------

          Service.

          > ---------------------------------
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          >
          > What are the most popular cars? Find out at Yahoo! Autos

        • Ed Bryant
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
            Not until March 3, or,  if Gene Upshaw gives the owners more time.......

            George <patswingr@...> wrote:
            ***** So Adam is now a UFA!

            George

            Rich Carreiro <rlcarr@...> wrote:
            Just in from Reiss -- neither the franchise tag nor transistion
            tag were used by the Pats.

            --
            Rich Carreiro                            rlcarr@...

          • Frank
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 24, 2006
              From the Heralsd:

              The feeling among league observers at the NFL combine yesterday was
              the Patriots and Vinatieri would agree to a multiyear contract in the
              next week.

              "I think they'll try to work something out and get a long-term
              deal done," said Cleveland Browns head coach Romeo Crennel, the
              former Patriots defensive coordinator. "But if he's not in their
              price range, they'll do what they do and look somewhere else."

              I think they probably will reach a deal before the 3rd. No reason,
              other than it's crunch time, and I do think Adam wants to stay here.
              If they don't reach a deal, he'll be gone. Someone will offer him $3
              mil or close to it (can you say Parcells?), and the Pats obviously
              don't want to pay that much. Like Crennel said, "they'll do what they
              do, and look somewhere else".

              (hoping he stays)
              fdb