Re: [patriotzip] No tags used by Pats

  • Rich Carreiro
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
      patswingr@... (George) writes:

      > ***** So Adam is now a UFA!

      Not until 3 March. They have a week to get him signed.
      If not, then he is indeed a UFA. Givens, and all the
      rest, too.

      --
      Rich Carreiro rlcarr@...
    • Don Diamant
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006

        He’s already the highest paid kicker in football.  I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

        Don

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
          That doesn't mean other teams are not going to offer more for him to leave the pats behind.

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
            He's not a FA until March 3. They still have a week to re-sign him I
            believe.

            --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, chris dressler <dres74@...> wrote:

            > That doesn't mean other teams are not going to offer more for him to
            leave the pats behind.

            > Don Diamant <jeepndd@...> wrote: v\:*
            {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
            w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape
            {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
            st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) } He's already the
            highest paid kicker in football. I don't think he's going anywhere.

            > Don
            >

            > ---------------------------------

            Service.

            > ---------------------------------
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            >
            > What are the most popular cars? Find out at Yahoo! Autos

          • Ed Bryant
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
              Not until March 3, or,  if Gene Upshaw gives the owners more time.......

              George <patswingr@...> wrote:
              ***** So Adam is now a UFA!

              George

              Rich Carreiro <rlcarr@...> wrote:
              Just in from Reiss -- neither the franchise tag nor transistion
              tag were used by the Pats.

              --
              Rich Carreiro                            rlcarr@...

            • Frank
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 24, 2006
                From the Heralsd:

                The feeling among league observers at the NFL combine yesterday was
                the Patriots and Vinatieri would agree to a multiyear contract in the
                next week.

                "I think they'll try to work something out and get a long-term
                deal done," said Cleveland Browns head coach Romeo Crennel, the
                former Patriots defensive coordinator. "But if he's not in their
                price range, they'll do what they do and look somewhere else."

                I think they probably will reach a deal before the 3rd. No reason,
                other than it's crunch time, and I do think Adam wants to stay here.
                If they don't reach a deal, he'll be gone. Someone will offer him $3
                mil or close to it (can you say Parcells?), and the Pats obviously
                don't want to pay that much. Like Crennel said, "they'll do what they
                do, and look somewhere else".

                (hoping he stays)
                fdb