Re: [patriotzip] No tags used by Pats

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
      ***** So Adam is now a UFA!

      George

      Rich Carreiro <rlcarr@...> wrote:
      Just in from Reiss -- neither the franchise tag nor transistion
      tag were used by the Pats.

      --
      Rich Carreiro                            rlcarr@...

    • Rich Carreiro
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
        patswingr@... (George) writes:

        > ***** So Adam is now a UFA!

        Not until 3 March. They have a week to get him signed.
        If not, then he is indeed a UFA. Givens, and all the
        rest, too.

        --
        Rich Carreiro rlcarr@...
      • Don Diamant
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006

          He’s already the highest paid kicker in football.  I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

          Don

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
            That doesn't mean other teams are not going to offer more for him to leave the pats behind.

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
              He's not a FA until March 3. They still have a week to re-sign him I
              believe.

              --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, chris dressler <dres74@...> wrote:

              > That doesn't mean other teams are not going to offer more for him to
              leave the pats behind.

              > Don Diamant <jeepndd@...> wrote: v\:*
              {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
              w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape
              {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
              st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) } He's already the
              highest paid kicker in football. I don't think he's going anywhere.

              > Don
              >

              > ---------------------------------

              Service.

              > ---------------------------------
              >

              > ---------------------------------
              >
              > What are the most popular cars? Find out at Yahoo! Autos

            • Ed Bryant
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
                Not until March 3, or,  if Gene Upshaw gives the owners more time.......

                George <patswingr@...> wrote:
                ***** So Adam is now a UFA!

                George

                Rich Carreiro <rlcarr@...> wrote:
                Just in from Reiss -- neither the franchise tag nor transistion
                tag were used by the Pats.

                --
                Rich Carreiro                            rlcarr@...

              • Frank
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 24, 2006
                  From the Heralsd:

                  The feeling among league observers at the NFL combine yesterday was
                  the Patriots and Vinatieri would agree to a multiyear contract in the
                  next week.

                  "I think they'll try to work something out and get a long-term
                  deal done," said Cleveland Browns head coach Romeo Crennel, the
                  former Patriots defensive coordinator. "But if he's not in their
                  price range, they'll do what they do and look somewhere else."

                  I think they probably will reach a deal before the 3rd. No reason,
                  other than it's crunch time, and I do think Adam wants to stay here.
                  If they don't reach a deal, he'll be gone. Someone will offer him $3
                  mil or close to it (can you say Parcells?), and the Pats obviously
                  don't want to pay that much. Like Crennel said, "they'll do what they
                  do, and look somewhere else".

                  (hoping he stays)
                  fdb