No tags used by Pats

  • Rich Carreiro
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
      Just in from Reiss -- neither the franchise tag nor transistion
      tag were used by the Pats.

      --
      Rich Carreiro rlcarr@...

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
          patswingr@... (George) writes:

          > ***** So Adam is now a UFA!

          Not until 3 March. They have a week to get him signed.
          If not, then he is indeed a UFA. Givens, and all the
          rest, too.

          --
          Rich Carreiro rlcarr@...
        • Don Diamant
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006

            He’s already the highest paid kicker in football.  I don’t think he’s going anywhere.

            Don

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
              That doesn't mean other teams are not going to offer more for him to leave the pats behind.

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
                He's not a FA until March 3. They still have a week to re-sign him I
                believe.

                --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, chris dressler <dres74@...> wrote:

                > That doesn't mean other teams are not going to offer more for him to
                leave the pats behind.

                > Don Diamant <jeepndd@...> wrote: v\:*
                {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
                w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape
                {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
                st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) } He's already the
                highest paid kicker in football. I don't think he's going anywhere.

                > Don
                >

                > ---------------------------------

                Service.

                > ---------------------------------
                >

                > ---------------------------------
                >
                > What are the most popular cars? Find out at Yahoo! Autos

              • Ed Bryant
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
                  Not until March 3, or,  if Gene Upshaw gives the owners more time.......

                  George <patswingr@...> wrote:
                  ***** So Adam is now a UFA!

                  George

                  Rich Carreiro <rlcarr@...> wrote:
                  Just in from Reiss -- neither the franchise tag nor transistion
                  tag were used by the Pats.

                  --
                  Rich Carreiro                            rlcarr@...

                • Frank
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 24, 2006
                    From the Heralsd:

                    The feeling among league observers at the NFL combine yesterday was
                    the Patriots and Vinatieri would agree to a multiyear contract in the
                    next week.

                    "I think they'll try to work something out and get a long-term
                    deal done," said Cleveland Browns head coach Romeo Crennel, the
                    former Patriots defensive coordinator. "But if he's not in their
                    price range, they'll do what they do and look somewhere else."

                    I think they probably will reach a deal before the 3rd. No reason,
                    other than it's crunch time, and I do think Adam wants to stay here.
                    If they don't reach a deal, he'll be gone. Someone will offer him $3
                    mil or close to it (can you say Parcells?), and the Pats obviously
                    don't want to pay that much. Like Crennel said, "they'll do what they
                    do, and look somewhere else".

                    (hoping he stays)
                    fdb