Re: Cheap Rings?

  • David Brunat
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 6, 2006
      See responses below:

      George <patswingr@...> wrote:
      The officials directly affected both the scoring and the momentum in that game in the Steelers favor. That was not offensive PI by Jackson in the end zone. (Sadly, I think he would have been open with the reverse move he made, even without putting his hand in the DB's chest.) That should have been a TD, not the FG that followed.

      I think it was technically a foul but not the spirit of a push off.  I saw this team once keep a drive alive and win the game on a tuck call that was technically correct but not in the spirit of the rule.  Rules are rules.  Arguably, plus 4 points to the seahags.

      I disagree with those who felt that the replay of the Roethlisberger "TD" was inconlusive. IMO, it was clear that he did not get the ball over the goal line before he was down. That should have been a 4th down decision for the Steelers, and likely a FG, rather than the TD.

      I thought he got it over by a hair.  To reverse the call there must be conclusive evidence he did not get across.  Besides, 4th and 1 inch I say Cowher goes for it.  Worse case to me is Jerome got robbed of the TD he would have made.  No deduction of points from scoreboard.

      Hasselbeck was making a tackle attempt, not throwing a block, and should not have been called for a penalty on the play that called back a big play to the Steeler's 1 yard line. And the holding calls on not one, but 2 big plays by the Seahawks were both phantoms. No holding in sight.

      The block call was incorrect.  He was going for the tackle.  Not that big of a game changer.  Holding is subjective.  I side with the refs.  Result, Steelers start the drive less the penalty yardage.

      It's true that the Seahawks did not play well. Neither, however, did the Steelers. Steeler fans' "Big Ben" was 9 for 21, with 2 INTs, and no TDs. Real "big game" there, huh?

      Rottenbooger was horrible all game.  Hustleback wasn't bad.  The backbreaker was the INT in the endzone in what could have been a go ahead drive.

      The game was very boring.  Not what I have become accustomed to in the SB.  :-(

      The BrewGnat

      PhotoMail - it's free and works with your Yahoo! Mail.