Halftime Score - Refs 8, Seahawks 3

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2006
      ***** The officials have given the Steelers 8 points in this game. The "Offensive PI" call on Jackson in the end zone, which denied the Seahawks a TD, and therefore cost them 4 points, was pure bullshit. The refusal of the Referee to overturn the Roethlisberger TD was outrageous. It was absolutely certain that he did NOT get the ball into the end zone before he went down. Steelers got 7, when it should have forced a decision to take the FG, or go for it on 4th down. No way for us to know which way that would have gone, but, if they took the FG, that's another 4 point swing.

      ***** I found it interesting that this Ref has the lowest percentage  in the league for overturning calls. Coincidence? I don't think so. We all have biases and predjudices. The NFL officials are no different. Some of them, and this guy appears to be in this group, absolutely HATE the Instant Replay Challenge. His definition of "irrefutable evidence" is clearly a lot different from mine.

      GO SEAHAWKS!!

      George
      Patriots fan forever!