Re: [patriotzip] Re: Free Agents

    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 24, 2006
      Dwight always had me feeling like he might break one initially but after his injury seemed to never carry the same threat.  He was still more 'dangerous' than Troy and his receiving was better than I expected save for that one key 'drop/int.'

      Ultimately I think the injuries disappointed me the most and our Secondary as a result of such.

      Dillon of course was hurt and his results were the biggest challenge to our team progress in my mind though I think a fair amount of 'blame' is distributed throughout the line and all the backs but Dillon definitely seemed behind last year and hopefully can be back to form this year.

      Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 10:00 PM
      Subject: RE: [patriotzip] Re: Free Agents

      I don't know if anyone else feels this way but I thought Tim Dwight was a
      huge dissapointment this year.  Every single week, I would get excited as a
      he returned a punt, and he never seemed to do anything with it.  I don't
      know what his average was but I don't think it was very good.

      I thought, going into the season, that he would be make a huge special teams
      impact.

      Buh Buh KEn

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 24, 2006
        I agree on the injuries and I am awaiting next season before I decide, but I don't think that he has the fire now that he has the ring... that is what he wanted so desperately before, but now that he has it does he care to get another?  I really do hope that I am wrong.  But I think that the team should look at getting a good back out of the draft.  Cory will not be around for to many years and it is time to get someone to replace him.  hmm... I wonder if Priest Holmes will be on the market???  Larry Johnson sure is not going anywhere...

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 24, 2006
          I have been thinking the same thing. I wouldn't go near Holmes because he
          is one step away from retiring, but I think it is time to get a top young
          RB. Reggie Bush and DeAngelo Williams will go early but I think at our
          position we have a serious shot at getting LenDale White.

          He is a much better power runner than Reggie Bush and a better short
          yardage/goaline back as well. If we could land White I would be incredibly
          happy.

          Then the rumors of us trading for Chris Perry. That is something I think
          would be a good move as well. He had some huge games early this year before
          he got hurt and is also a great receiving back.

          Buh Buh KEn

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 25, 2006
            I think that the chances of White being around by the time the Pats have the pick are pretty slim.  I think he is going to go much higher then people think.

            I also know that Holmes is close to retirement, but like Dillon I believe that he would be very hungry for that ring!  I also think that he wants to prove that he still has it. Larry Johnson basically came in and made everyone in KC forget who Priest Holmes was... so he has something to prove.

            Hopefully they do something... or Dillon gets completely healthy!

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 25, 2006
              Priest Holmes is either done, or too much of a risk for a new team to spend money on.  We have Rosevelt Colvin already; one hip damaged star is enough!

              Corey Dillon needs to recover from an ankle injury and he needs an o line to come together and stay together.  Look at the Pittsburgh tape for how valuable Dillon is as a pass blocker.

              The Pats would not spend the necessary money to hire a high risk old guy in a vulnerable position when we alread have one!

              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 26, 2006
                Hi Zip,

                I noticed during the season that there was a big push on by the Diet-Pepsi people to push their product on Pats fans, players and football in general. This upsets me because I've been reading for years that Aspartame is a highly toxic poison that contains, among other things, Methyl alcohol and has been injuring people since it was approved by the FDA during the Nixon administration with the help of Donald Rumsfeld who was CEO of J.D. Searle at the time. J.D. Searle was responsible for developing Aspartame.

                It is well known that Aspartame can and does cause Psychosis, Brain Tumors, Gran Mall seizures and Cancer and more. It has been extensively tested and the data is available to anyone who wants to take the time to read it.

                Anyway, what I wanted to ask you was could you or someone you know mention something to someone in the Pats organization so they could do a little research on this stuff before they allow anymore advertizing. All they would have to do is type Aspartame or Nutra-Sweet into their search engines and the Internet will do the rest.

                sincerely,

                Harry
              • Don Diamant
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 26, 2006

                  If you really want to influence the Patriots organization you have sent an email to the wrong place.  You should be contacting the Patriots organization directly.  Though I doubt they will take you seriously.

                  I think calling Aspartame a “highly toxic poison” then, with extraordinarily clumsy prose you also link it to a not quite secret Republican conspiracy and almost subtly blame the current federal administration, this makes you lose pretty much any credibility.  While Aspartame has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory rats so have a lot of other foods and beverages.  As to “injuring a lot of people” can you point to any credible sources as I can find none?

                  Did you research any of this yourself or are you just perpetuating another internet “urban legend”?

                  Don

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 26, 2006
                    Hey folks - can we get it back to and keep it to Pats football on here.

                    Harry meant that as a personal note to me and did apologize...I strongly encourage and attempt to direct this list to not stray off topic much - there is at least one other Pats list for that purpose.

                    and to foolow my own rule...I'm edging towards the pats Kids for the Superbowl.  In honor of Donny and Mosi...Go Seahawks?!?

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 26, 2006

                      Speaking of Tatupu, he was everywhere on the field last weekend.  It’s hard to believe this kid is a rookie.  It’s also hard to believe we passed this kid over in the draft.

                      The Seahawks look strong but I just see their offense getting beaten up by the Steelers defense.  They are going to need another strong showing by their defense along with Tatupu to pull off a win.  I’m no Steelers fan but I think this is their year.

                      Don