Re: February's team

  • Ed Bryant
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 19, 2006
      If another team fails to join the Patriots in the February pantheon, it will be an appropriate way to end a season noteworthy for so many missed field goals.  Indeed, both Mannings might claim to have defeated the Seahawks for the championship if only their field goal kickers had done their jobs, Feely in Seattle in November, and Our Idiot Kicker in Indianapolis in the Game Where Peyton Seized The Moment!   Ooops!

      Endless missed field goals in overtime threaten the scheduled air time of Desperate  Housewives.  Housewives fan Paul Tagliabue panics, and give himself a disabling heart attack.  Back at NFL Headquarters, the Bidwells of the Arizona Cardinals are the only team not attending the Super Bowl, and they take the emergency moment to elect a new commissioner, Bud Selig.

      After the second overtime, Selig declares a tie.  There is an uproar.  Afterwards, in order to placate someone, anyone, Selig announces that in the future, the champion of the conference winning the Pro Bowl wil host the next Super Bowl.

      In the years it takes to untangle the damage Selig has done, Glendale, Arizona loses its chance to host the 2008 Super Bowl.  The New England Patriots win Super Bowls XLI, XLII, XLIII in February 2007, 2008, and 2009 respectively.  Their unprecedented string of titles comes to an end on January 31, 2010, when the Cleveland Browns defeat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in subzero Cleveland weather, 6-3.

      The New England Patriots, the first team to win consecutive Super Bowls at  home, reward their most devoted fans with a list trip to Honululu to watch Super Bowl XLIV on the new Aloha Stadium jumbotron.  As Super Bowl "X Live" plays out in Cleveland, an annoucement is made that the Razor's Edge Tailgate's Movable Feast has been chosen for a live broadcast of Jen Tidwell's Cribs of The Fans before the next week's Pro Bowl.  Mosi Tatupu and Don Hasselbeck regale the tailgate (and a world wide audience) with tales of postponed trips to the men's room during the overtime phase of Super Bowl XL.  "I needed an XL bladder that day," Hasselbeck quips; the jest quickly becomes his signature moment and his tag line.

      The AFC wins the Pro Bowl on a last minute drop kick for three points by Bam Childress, who credits retiring Patriots drop kicker Troy Brown for teaching him the technique.  The tailgate disperses with the hope that in February of 2011, the Super Bowl will once again return to Foxboro.
      "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:
      Indeed I did make a fine blunder and Chowdah was somehow defined as patriotzip@yahoogroups...sigh

      Sorry all but hopefully Chowdah may get ther the information I intended.

      You are amusing and kind in our method of alerting.

      It did remind me this is the first February NFL game not likely to be won by our Patriots...