Re: Very Surprised by Bam's Performmance

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2006
      I agree, Johnson has shown nothing this year. I'm concerned about
      resigning Givens, though. He's had a great year, and may negotiate
      his way out of town. I hope not, but I understand his contract was
      discussed last year, and he and his agent held a pretty tough line.
      They'll get Seymour and Vinatieri done, but I'm not so sure about
      Givens.

      Who else is up for negotiations this off-season?

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George <patswingr@y...> wrote:

      > ***** Excellent question on BJ, Mark. I think he's gone. He's been
      given all the time that can be expected, and what has he really done?
      Tim Dwight is at least as dangerous on returns, and clearly a more
      dependable receiver. Childress brings more of the same. And we just
      saw what Andre Davis can do. This may be Troy's last year. (Damn,
      I'll hate to see him go!) I'd be very happy with a WR corps for next
      season of Branch, Givens, Davis, Dwight, and Childress. If we come
      across a "find" in the draft, great. But I'd have no problem with
      that group of 5.

      > George
      >
      > Mark <packy001@y...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I was completely unaware that they had signed Bam
      > Childress to the 53 man roster. What does this say
      > about Bethel Johnson? I had completly forgotten that
      > Brandon "Bam" Childress played both WR and DB at Ohio
      > St. I came across one a scouting report that I had
      > written about Childress and their it was DB and RB!
      > He is the cousin of Champ Bailey. Colts S Mike Doss
      > called him the toughest player he has ever tried to
      > tackle and Childress was compared to Chiefs Dante
      > Hall.
      >
      > In the game, I thought he played terrific at WR. His
      > DB skills need some work, but he gives the Pats a Troy
      > Brown type of player (he is nowhere near as good right
      > now). I also find it interesting tha tthe Patriots
      > would sign him to the squad just before the playoffs,
      > essentially giving him a playoff share bonus
      > comensurate with how deep they go in the playoffs.
      >
      > "It's beocome quite apparent, Bill Belichick could put Diet Pepsi
      Machine in his secondary and everything will still be copasetic." -
      Rich Eisen NFL Network

    • rogue35lk
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2006
        Re: Bethel,

        Wasn't he hurt, I didn't bother to look at the injury report, but I
        was at the Jets game and he was helped off the field at one point.

        re: Givens,

        I had heard that this was looking like a thin year for free agent WR
        and Givens was listed as one of the few solid candidates. The fact
        that the Pats were only able to sign him to a 1 year deal for this
        season tells me, we need to be concerned.