Jon Comeys Power Rankings

  • Michael J.King Sr.
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2005
      http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/12-05/12-31-05/b05sp753.htm

      Jonathan Comey's NFL Power Rankings
      Last week's ranking in parentheses.

      1. Colts (1) 13-2: I dissed backup QB Jim Sorgi quite a bit the past couple of weeks, but I have to admit my mistake – he actually had a pretty good game against Seattle. Sorry, Jim. Please stop e-mailing me.

      2. Seahawks (2) 13-2: For what it's worth, the Seahawks special teams are below average in all phases – not a big deal when you're crushing the Niners, but more important when it comes playoff time.

      3. Broncos (3) 12-3: What a weird season for WR Ashley Lelie. He put up similar numbers to 2004, with an 18.8 per-catch average, but only has one touchdown – tied with fourth-string tight end Wesley Duke.

      4. Patriots (9) 10-5: The Pats need TE Daniel Graham healthy for the postseason. Corey Dillon's got the spring back in his step, and Graham is like a sixth lineman when he's healthy.

      Rest of rankings at the above URL:
      Rankings appear in the Saturday 31 DEC 2005 New Bedford Standard Times