Re: [patriotzip] NPC - Brave New World

  • Ed Bryant
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2005
      In the fifties, for a good time, you could wire paladin.

      For a toga party, you can e-mail Faber.

      I just learned this week that DVD stands for digital versatile disk.  I thought the V was for video.  Oh, well.  I can change!

      George <patswingr@...> wrote:
      ***** Old dog. New tricks. I just finished watching a DVD on my laptop of one of my favorite earlys days of TV series, 'The Rebel'. Now that, in itself, is no big deal. But, as I watched it, the thought of the total electronic world I was experiencing really struck me. Now this is one that Bama, Phil, Ed Bryant, and you other old dogs can really appreciate.

      ***** I was watching the DVD on my laptop because my TV was otherwise occupied. During the Patriots - Jets game, Ed Fackler had sent me an email from Japan asking me to make him a copy of the game. When I got his email, I hit the record button on my cable DVR, while I was burning a DVD of my own from the live broadcast. I would then be able to make another DVD for Ed from the DVR recording.

      ***** So, tonight, I set about to do that. But I noticed that there was a good movie on one of the cable pay channels that I wanted to see. I set my cable DVR to record that movie. Then I started the recorded Patriots game, and began burning it onto a DVD on my DVD recorder. Left with nothing to do, I hooked up the laptop, and started playing some DVDs of 'The Rebel'. (After this note is finished, I'll watch some "Tour of Duty" and "Have Gun Will Travel" episodes that I also have on DVD.

      ***** Now, folks, as a child, I sat by the radio listening to episode of "Gang Busters", "The Shadow", and "The Jack Benny Program", marvelling at the fact that I could hear these programs from thousands of miles away as they were happening! Now, here I am watching a recording on a small machine in my lap, while recording another from a current TV broadcast, and also recording a previously recorded program onto a little round piece of plastic that I can send to a friend.

      ***** How can we not be overwhelmed by what has happened to our world, old folks?!!

      George
      Climb the mountain now, and peak in January!
       R.I.P. Ostend