Classy Jet

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2005
      HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. - Jets receiver Wayne Chrebet said Thursday his career
      was over, one month after sustaining a season-ending concussion.
      Chrebet spent 11 seasons with his hometown team after signing as
      an undrafted free agent out of Hofstra, but was plagued with head
      injuries the last few seasons.

      ***************************************

      I know it's the Jets, but I've always liked over-achievers like
      Chrebet and Troy Brown. Clutch player, class guy. The Pats sure won't
      miss him.

      fdb
    • D Malachi Penney
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 23, 2005
        > I know it's the Jets, but I've always liked over-achievers like
        > Chrebet and Troy Brown. Clutch player, class guy. The Pats sure won't
        > miss him.
        >
        > fdb

        I'm sad to see Green Lantern go but that concussion made it a foregone
        conclusion. I knew when he got up from that hit [since I was watching
        that particular play] that was it for him, he was done. I've always
        rooted for him to do well even as I was hoping the Jets would lose.
        He's a guy I would have loved to have seen play for the Pats and I
        think the fans all would have loved seeing him play here as well.

        Doug