RE: [patriotzip] Digest Number 1193

  • William French
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2005
      I think that Indy is somewhat overrated, although 7-0 is no mean
      accomplishment. If you look at the opponents of Indy thus far, they have a
      combined 17-34 record. Only Jacksonville has a winning record at 4-3 and
      St. Louis is 4-4. If you take away the games against the Colts, the five
      teams with losing records STILL have losing records. On the other hand, the
      combined record of the Pats opponents is 31-21 and 4 of those teams have 5-2
      or 6-2 records with only Oakland at 3-4, and Buffalo at 3-5 with losing
      records and San Diego at 4-4. Take away the Pats games and the combined
      record of those teams goes to 27-18. And still, without any common
      opponents, a direct comparison is difficult, but if the Pats had Indy's
      schedule, they realistically could be 7-0, too.

      Pats' Schedule to date:

      OAK 3-4 W 30-20 *
      @CAR 5-2 L 17-27 **
      @PIT 5-2 W 23-20
      SD 4-4 L 17-41
      @ATL 5-2 W 31-28 **
      @DEN 6-2 L 20-28 **
      BUF 3-5 W 21-16

      Colts' Schedule to date:

      @BAL 2-5 W 24-7 *
      JAC 4-3 W 10-3
      CLE 2-5 W 13-6 *
      @TEN 2-6 W 31-10
      @SF 2-5 W 28-3 *
      STL 4-4 W 45-28
      @HOU 1-6 W 38-20 *

      * Last or tied for last within their division
      ** First or tied for first within their division

      I'm sure that Peyton HATES playing in Foxboro and the Patriots seem to have
      had his number since Parcel's days as coach. Let's hope we still do.

      All statistics, trends and records aside, we must beat the Colts since their
      coach, Dungy, is one of those 'beady-eyed guys' that give my wife the creeps
      (him and Shanahan).

      Bill

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2005
        Thank heavens for us that this game is in New England, right? At least we'll
        have our best chances there to win.
        I think the we ARE going to win because Bellichik is the master at figuring
        out ways to win--I don't care about Manning or anyone on his team and their
        hot air, we're still the better team as you've outlined below. The Patriots
        had a brutal first 7 games WITH injuries and still are in pretty good shape
        in the standings. Aren't many teams that have come back from so many
        injuries and still are in there big time.
        GO NEW ENGLAND--show them who is the boss!!!
        Maybe the fact that all the papers are oohing and aahing over the Colts and
        have them already winning will make the Patriots mad, think so?

        I think that Indy is somewhat overrated, although 7-0 is no mean
        accomplishment. If you look at the opponents of Indy thus far, they have a
        combined 17-34 record. Only Jacksonville has a winning record at 4-3 and
        St. Louis is 4-4. If you take away the games against the Colts, the five
        teams with losing records STILL have losing records. On the other hand, the
        combined record of the Pats opponents is 31-21 and 4 of those teams have 5-2
        or 6-2 records with only Oakland at 3-4, and Buffalo at 3-5 with losing
        records and San Diego at 4-4. Take away the Pats games and the combined
        record of those teams goes to 27-18. And still, without any common
        opponents, a direct comparison is difficult, but if the Pats had Indy's
        schedule, they realistically could be 7-0, too.

        Pats' Schedule to date:

        OAK 3-4 W 30-20 *
        @CAR 5-2 L 17-27 **
        @PIT 5-2 W 23-20
        SD 4-4 L 17-41
        @ATL 5-2 W 31-28 **
        @DEN 6-2 L 20-28 **
        BUF 3-5 W 21-16

        Colts' Schedule to date:

        @BAL 2-5 W 24-7 *
        JAC 4-3 W 10-3
        CLE 2-5 W 13-6 *
        @TEN 2-6 W 31-10
        @SF 2-5 W 28-3 *
        STL 4-4 W 45-28
        @HOU 1-6 W 38-20 *

        * Last or tied for last within their division
        ** First or tied for first within their division

        I'm sure that Peyton HATES playing in Foxboro and the Patriots seem to have
        had his number since Parcel's days as coach. Let's hope we still do.

        All statistics, trends and records aside, we must beat the Colts since their
        coach, Dungy, is one of those 'beady-eyed guys' that give my wife the creeps
        (him and Shanahan).

        Bill

        >We couldn't last year in the playoffs and we have no more ability to beat
        them now then we did then...

        >Go Pats!
        >Zip

        Yahoo! Groups Links