Re: [patriotzip] Re: Cloud on the horizon?

  • Ed Bryant
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
      Surely you don't think Evans is a sub for Dillon; he replaces Klecko, Seymour, Hochstein, and Pass.  He's not about to start lugging the leather at this point in his career.  We need to hold onto the ball for thirty-four minutes this Monday, and Evans only has to know where the Colts are, and knock one of them over.  If he plays as much as Bruchi did against the Bills (when Buffalo had the ball for thirty-nine damn minutes) I expect we will win.
      As for replacing Dillon, Mike Cloud had two two touchdown games in 2003, and wasn't the second one in Indy?????? Bring him on, too, but don't tell me Freeman could be cut.  I know it was I who suggested Flutie at safety against Drew Brees, but that was to be a one week deal!!!

      Frank <frank.dana@...> wrote:
      You're absolutely right about bringing a guy in who doesn't know the
      game plan, or even the terminology (advantage, Cloud). As far as
      the "short pass as run" tactic; it's logical, but you know darn well
      Dungy is well aware of our situation, and will be expecting it. I
      guess it's all about execution.

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George <patswingr@y...> wrote:

      > ***** I think the problem is that they don't believe that Corey can
      go anywhere near full time. My guess is that he'll play, but we have
      to have somebody who can spell him frequently. It's not likely that
      Evans will have more than 3-4 plays in the plan for him, and those
      may be passes. He just hasn't had enough time with the team to pick
      up much.

      >   ***** As for a new guy, whoever it is (other than Cloud), I don't
      know how much we can possibly expect from a guy who signs and plays
      on the same freakin' day!

      >   ***** The O will apparently be primarily on Brady's shoulders
      even moreso than usual. It has to be a game in which the old "use the
      short pass as a run" tactic is the theme. I'd expect lots of quick
      outs, slants, WR/TE screens, etc.; using those to set up the deeper
      routes.

      >   George
      >
      > Frank <frank.dana@c...> wrote:
      >   According to Reiss... Jesse Chatman and Anthony Thomas worked out
      > yesterday. He suspects a signing before Monday. This is making it
      > look more and more like neither Dillon nor Pass will be available.
      >
      > Can you imagine that we could be auditioning backups for Heath
      > Evans!!!
      >
      > Ouch!
      >
      > fdb
      >
      > --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <frank.dana@c...> wrote:
      > >
      > > From Mike Reiss today:

      > > The Patriots continue to explore possibilities at running back.
      > Former
      > > Boston College product Michael Cloud, who played for the Patriots
      > in
      > > 2003, was in for a tryout at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday.
      > >
      > > On Tuesday, the Patriots worked out free-agent running back
      Olandis
      > > Gary. Other running backs in for tryouts within the last month
      > include
      > > Erik Bickerstaff, Quentin Griffin and Charlie Garner.
      > >
      > > Another free-agent possibility could be Anthony Thomas, who was
      > waived
      > > by the Cowboys this week. Calls to his representatives on
      Thursday
      > > weren't returned.
      > >
      > > I can see #80 at tailback now!
      > >
      > > fdb

      email to:

      >         Nfl team flag   Nfl team jersey

      Service.

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
        Reiss concurs. Arturo Freeman was officially released to make room.

        Don Davis, you da man! Maybe we'll see Mike Stone or James Sanders
        back there, but their experience is limited. What a mess!

        I'm sure BB has a plan.

        fdb