Re: [patriotzip] Re: Cloud on the horizon?

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
      Frank <frank.dana@...> wrote:
      I guess it's all about execution.

      fdb

      ***** Frank, we're allowed to tackle Manning; but I think execution is grounds for disqualification!
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
        LOL!!

        Oh please, now you sound like Ben Dreith!

        fdb

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George <patswingr@y...> wrote:

        > Frank <frank.dana@c...> wrote: I guess it's all about execution.
        >
        > fdb
        >
        > ***** Frank, we're allowed to tackle Manning; but I think execution
        is grounds for disqualification!

      • rogue35lk
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
          Count me among the people in favor of bringing Cloud back. I never
          thought he got a real shot the first time he was here.

          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <frank.dana@c...> wrote:

          > From Mike Reiss today:

          > The Patriots continue to explore possibilities at running back.
          Former
          > Boston College product Michael Cloud, who played for the Patriots
          in
          > 2003, was in for a tryout at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday.
          >
          > On Tuesday, the Patriots worked out free-agent running back
          Olandis
          > Gary. Other running backs in for tryouts within the last month
          include
          > Erik Bickerstaff, Quentin Griffin and Charlie Garner.
          >
          > Another free-agent possibility could be Anthony Thomas, who was
          waived
          > by the Cowboys this week. Calls to his representatives on Thursday
          > weren't returned.
          >
          > I can see #80 at tailback now!
          >
          > fdb

        • jmsweb55
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
            The guys at Scout are saying the Cloud thing is a done deal:

            " According to our inside sources, the Patriots who have been
            auditioning running backs throughout the last couple weeks will sign
            RB Mike Cloud today. "

            They have a members only area which is also reporting that Could was
            walking around the team complex and that they're waiting to talk to
            the other player they have to relase before announcing the deal.

            well well.

            Mike Cloud returns.

            veeeeery interesting

            --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "rogue35lk" <levon.knowles@m...> wrote:

            > Count me among the people in favor of bringing Cloud back. I never
            > thought he got a real shot the first time he was here.

          • Ed Bryant
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
              Surely you don't think Evans is a sub for Dillon; he replaces Klecko, Seymour, Hochstein, and Pass.  He's not about to start lugging the leather at this point in his career.  We need to hold onto the ball for thirty-four minutes this Monday, and Evans only has to know where the Colts are, and knock one of them over.  If he plays as much as Bruchi did against the Bills (when Buffalo had the ball for thirty-nine damn minutes) I expect we will win.
              As for replacing Dillon, Mike Cloud had two two touchdown games in 2003, and wasn't the second one in Indy?????? Bring him on, too, but don't tell me Freeman could be cut.  I know it was I who suggested Flutie at safety against Drew Brees, but that was to be a one week deal!!!

              Frank <frank.dana@...> wrote:
              You're absolutely right about bringing a guy in who doesn't know the
              game plan, or even the terminology (advantage, Cloud). As far as
              the "short pass as run" tactic; it's logical, but you know darn well
              Dungy is well aware of our situation, and will be expecting it. I
              guess it's all about execution.

              fdb

              --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George <patswingr@y...> wrote:

              > ***** I think the problem is that they don't believe that Corey can
              go anywhere near full time. My guess is that he'll play, but we have
              to have somebody who can spell him frequently. It's not likely that
              Evans will have more than 3-4 plays in the plan for him, and those
              may be passes. He just hasn't had enough time with the team to pick
              up much.

              >   ***** As for a new guy, whoever it is (other than Cloud), I don't
              know how much we can possibly expect from a guy who signs and plays
              on the same freakin' day!

              >   ***** The O will apparently be primarily on Brady's shoulders
              even moreso than usual. It has to be a game in which the old "use the
              short pass as a run" tactic is the theme. I'd expect lots of quick
              outs, slants, WR/TE screens, etc.; using those to set up the deeper
              routes.

              >   George
              >
              > Frank <frank.dana@c...> wrote:
              >   According to Reiss... Jesse Chatman and Anthony Thomas worked out
              > yesterday. He suspects a signing before Monday. This is making it
              > look more and more like neither Dillon nor Pass will be available.
              >
              > Can you imagine that we could be auditioning backups for Heath
              > Evans!!!
              >
              > Ouch!
              >
              > fdb
              >
              > --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <frank.dana@c...> wrote:
              > >
              > > From Mike Reiss today:

              > > The Patriots continue to explore possibilities at running back.
              > Former
              > > Boston College product Michael Cloud, who played for the Patriots
              > in
              > > 2003, was in for a tryout at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday.
              > >
              > > On Tuesday, the Patriots worked out free-agent running back
              Olandis
              > > Gary. Other running backs in for tryouts within the last month
              > include
              > > Erik Bickerstaff, Quentin Griffin and Charlie Garner.
              > >
              > > Another free-agent possibility could be Anthony Thomas, who was
              > waived
              > > by the Cowboys this week. Calls to his representatives on
              Thursday
              > > weren't returned.
              > >
              > > I can see #80 at tailback now!
              > >
              > > fdb

              email to:

              >         Nfl team flag   Nfl team jersey

              Service.

            • Frank
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
                Reiss concurs. Arturo Freeman was officially released to make room.

                Don Davis, you da man! Maybe we'll see Mike Stone or James Sanders
                back there, but their experience is limited. What a mess!

                I'm sure BB has a plan.

                fdb