Re: Cloud on the horizon?

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
      ***** I think the problem is that they don't believe that Corey can go anywhere near full time. My guess is that he'll play, but we have to have somebody who can spell him frequently. It's not likely that Evans will have more than 3-4 plays in the plan for him, and those may be passes. He just hasn't had enough time with the team to pick up much.

      ***** As for a new guy, whoever it is (other than Cloud), I don't know how much we can possibly expect from a guy who signs and plays on the same freakin' day!

      ***** The O will apparently be primarily on Brady's shoulders even moreso than usual. It has to be a game in which the old "use the short pass as a run" tactic is the theme. I'd expect lots of quick outs, slants, WR/TE screens, etc.; using those to set up the deeper routes.

      George

      Frank <frank.dana@...> wrote:
      According to Reiss... Jesse Chatman and Anthony Thomas worked out
      yesterday. He suspects a signing before Monday. This is making it
      look more and more like neither Dillon nor Pass will be available.

      Can you imagine that we could be auditioning backups for Heath
      Evans!!!

      Ouch!

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <frank.dana@c...> wrote:

      > From Mike Reiss today:

      > The Patriots continue to explore possibilities at running back.
      Former
      > Boston College product Michael Cloud, who played for the Patriots
      in
      > 2003, was in for a tryout at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday.
      >
      > On Tuesday, the Patriots worked out free-agent running back Olandis
      > Gary. Other running backs in for tryouts within the last month
      include
      > Erik Bickerstaff, Quentin Griffin and Charlie Garner.
      >
      > Another free-agent possibility could be Anthony Thomas, who was
      waived
      > by the Cowboys this week. Calls to his representatives on Thursday
      > weren't returned.
      >
      > I can see #80 at tailback now!
      >
      > fdb

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
        You're absolutely right about bringing a guy in who doesn't know the
        game plan, or even the terminology (advantage, Cloud). As far as
        the "short pass as run" tactic; it's logical, but you know darn well
        Dungy is well aware of our situation, and will be expecting it. I
        guess it's all about execution.

        fdb

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George <patswingr@y...> wrote:

        > ***** I think the problem is that they don't believe that Corey can
        go anywhere near full time. My guess is that he'll play, but we have
        to have somebody who can spell him frequently. It's not likely that
        Evans will have more than 3-4 plays in the plan for him, and those
        may be passes. He just hasn't had enough time with the team to pick
        up much.

        > ***** As for a new guy, whoever it is (other than Cloud), I don't
        know how much we can possibly expect from a guy who signs and plays
        on the same freakin' day!

        > ***** The O will apparently be primarily on Brady's shoulders
        even moreso than usual. It has to be a game in which the old "use the
        short pass as a run" tactic is the theme. I'd expect lots of quick
        outs, slants, WR/TE screens, etc.; using those to set up the deeper
        routes.

        > George
        >
        > Frank <frank.dana@c...> wrote:
        > According to Reiss... Jesse Chatman and Anthony Thomas worked out
        > yesterday. He suspects a signing before Monday. This is making it
        > look more and more like neither Dillon nor Pass will be available.
        >
        > Can you imagine that we could be auditioning backups for Heath
        > Evans!!!
        >
        > Ouch!
        >
        > fdb
        >
        > --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <frank.dana@c...> wrote:
        > >
        > > From Mike Reiss today:

        > > The Patriots continue to explore possibilities at running back.
        > Former
        > > Boston College product Michael Cloud, who played for the Patriots
        > in
        > > 2003, was in for a tryout at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday.
        > >
        > > On Tuesday, the Patriots worked out free-agent running back
        Olandis
        > > Gary. Other running backs in for tryouts within the last month
        > include
        > > Erik Bickerstaff, Quentin Griffin and Charlie Garner.
        > >
        > > Another free-agent possibility could be Anthony Thomas, who was
        > waived
        > > by the Cowboys this week. Calls to his representatives on
        Thursday
        > > weren't returned.
        > >
        > > I can see #80 at tailback now!
        > >
        > > fdb

        email to:

        > Nfl team flag Nfl team jersey

        Service.

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
          Frank <frank.dana@...> wrote:
          I guess it's all about execution.

          fdb

          ***** Frank, we're allowed to tackle Manning; but I think execution is grounds for disqualification!
        • Frank
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
            LOL!!

            Oh please, now you sound like Ben Dreith!

            fdb

            --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George <patswingr@y...> wrote:

            > Frank <frank.dana@c...> wrote: I guess it's all about execution.
            >
            > fdb
            >
            > ***** Frank, we're allowed to tackle Manning; but I think execution
            is grounds for disqualification!

          • rogue35lk
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
              Count me among the people in favor of bringing Cloud back. I never
              thought he got a real shot the first time he was here.

              --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <frank.dana@c...> wrote:

              > From Mike Reiss today:

              > The Patriots continue to explore possibilities at running back.
              Former
              > Boston College product Michael Cloud, who played for the Patriots
              in
              > 2003, was in for a tryout at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday.
              >
              > On Tuesday, the Patriots worked out free-agent running back
              Olandis
              > Gary. Other running backs in for tryouts within the last month
              include
              > Erik Bickerstaff, Quentin Griffin and Charlie Garner.
              >
              > Another free-agent possibility could be Anthony Thomas, who was
              waived
              > by the Cowboys this week. Calls to his representatives on Thursday
              > weren't returned.
              >
              > I can see #80 at tailback now!
              >
              > fdb

            • jmsweb55
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
                The guys at Scout are saying the Cloud thing is a done deal:

                " According to our inside sources, the Patriots who have been
                auditioning running backs throughout the last couple weeks will sign
                RB Mike Cloud today. "

                They have a members only area which is also reporting that Could was
                walking around the team complex and that they're waiting to talk to
                the other player they have to relase before announcing the deal.

                well well.

                Mike Cloud returns.

                veeeeery interesting

                --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "rogue35lk" <levon.knowles@m...> wrote:

                > Count me among the people in favor of bringing Cloud back. I never
                > thought he got a real shot the first time he was here.

              • Ed Bryant
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
                  Surely you don't think Evans is a sub for Dillon; he replaces Klecko, Seymour, Hochstein, and Pass.  He's not about to start lugging the leather at this point in his career.  We need to hold onto the ball for thirty-four minutes this Monday, and Evans only has to know where the Colts are, and knock one of them over.  If he plays as much as Bruchi did against the Bills (when Buffalo had the ball for thirty-nine damn minutes) I expect we will win.
                  As for replacing Dillon, Mike Cloud had two two touchdown games in 2003, and wasn't the second one in Indy?????? Bring him on, too, but don't tell me Freeman could be cut.  I know it was I who suggested Flutie at safety against Drew Brees, but that was to be a one week deal!!!

                • Frank
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
                    Reiss concurs. Arturo Freeman was officially released to make room.

                    Don Davis, you da man! Maybe we'll see Mike Stone or James Sanders
                    back there, but their experience is limited. What a mess!

                    I'm sure BB has a plan.

                    fdb