Re: [patriotzip] Re: The WORST ...

  • chris dressler
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 3, 2005
      Good points, all of them.  I also like the last post about not being able to beat them.  Everyone said it could not be down last year.   Well, we all know the outcome of that game...

      I love that "Cut that meat" commercial!  (sorry... I laugh everytime I see it)

      "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:
      This was an excellent post as usual and I wanted to add a few things to it since I haven't dug out enough time for the preview on the page yet.

      One other strength we've had with the Colts is not just disguise but study such that we would counter their audibles with our own audibles.  We'd understand their offense well enough to adjust to the Manning adjustments.  With so much based on audibles we were aware of them and often put exactly the change needed to stop their play.  This is what frustrated Manning even more than the disguise.  Harrison is a big loss to this process but Law was no part of that process in our 20-3 victory in the playoffs...and heck had Wilson held the int we would have shut him out entirely!  So I think Tedy is a help but we still will miss Harrison.  We also wish we had Gay in place of   Starks for certain.  I've been thinking about this a fair bit and if Starks is giving us so much trouble... for whatevert the reasons then why not take him out of Man to man.  Gay did practice this week on Wednesday but I'm not expecting miracles from him but why not Zone form to react to Manning's situations.  Make the game based on the short game and punishing them...make them be perfect to earn each score...effectively the much absent bend but don't break as opposed to the bend and break we've emplyed thus far.  It's harder to run against a zone and it's easier to limit the challenges of a particular corner... just a thought.

      To me the status of our own run game and Tommy being poised and sharp more of the game are the essential criteria for taking the Colts out of their game.  That and a crowd willing to work hard to make it a hard day on Manning...

      "Cut that Meat!"

      Go Pats
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 3, 2005
        And this year's version is even better "DE-CAF, DE-CAF"

        Peter