Re: [patriotzip] Re: The WORST ...

    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 2, 2005
      Actually it is Adam's fault.  When he is set and ready for the snap he shrugs his shoulders as the signal which starts the process.  He didn't do it in time and so it was late.  The Snapper Lonnie is locked on him and Miller and unable to do such.  Miller is watching Adam for the signal.  It is Adam's job unfortunately.

      As for BB he said he thought about it but saw they were fully set and expected they were just running close and would have it in time - without anything to indicate why they'd miss it he didn't want to call it and mess up their process.

      I think I can forgive Adam though :)

      From: rogue35lk
      One question, who do you think is to blame for the Delay of game
      penalty at the end of the half?  I know it's not Adam's
      responsibility, but shouldn't the holder have had an eye on the
      clock or was it the long snapper that held things up.  And why
      wouldn't Bill call a timeout from the sidelines when he saw the
      clock his 1 or 2 seconds.
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 2, 2005
        ***** OK. I'll forgive him. But one more mistake and that bum is outta here! ;-)

        George

        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 2, 2005
          Speaking of the Miller, I heard him on 890 ESPN Radio
          with Micahel Felgers "Drive" show on Tuesday. Miller
          is a very funny and entertaining guy. He matter of
          factly stated that he saw the clock tick down to zero
          and there was nothing he could do about it.

          I hope he get on the show again.

          --- "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:

          > Actually it is Adam's fault. When he is set and
          > ready for the snap he shrugs his shoulders as the
          > signal which starts the process. He didn't do it in
          > time and so it was late. The Snapper Lonnie is
          > locked on him and Miller and unable to do such.
          > Miller is watching Adam for the signal. It is
          > Adam's job unfortunately.
          >
          > As for BB he said he thought about it but saw they
          > were fully set and expected they were just running
          > close and would have it in time - without anything
          > to indicate why they'd miss it he didn't want to
          > call it and mess up their process.
          >
          > I think I can forgive Adam though :)
          >
          > Zip

          "It's beocome quite apparent, Bill Belichick could put Diet Pepsi Machine in his secondary and everything will still be copasetic." - Rich Eisen NFL Network

          __________________________________
          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 2, 2005
            What do we think for Monday night's game?
            Will we win?

            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 3, 2005
              Our success over the years against Peyton has been predicated upon
              befuddling him with coverages; forcing him into mistakes.
              Unfortunately, that may be very difficult to accomplish with the
              secondary we have in place at the moment. It's not just the talent
              level, but the intellect. Last year we had Harrison and Law running
              the show, directing traffic. No one has stepped up to take on that
              role since Rodney went down. Getting Gay back will help, but he's in
              no position to take control back there. I'm a little surprised Wilson
              hasn't taken the bull by the horns.

              We could mitigate the situation with more pressure, and I think
              that's what we will try to do. It's extremely dangerous against
              Manning, and considering our inconsistancy in the pass rush, it's
              likely to backfire. He's as good as anyone in reading the blitz and
              hitting the hot receiver. Our disguises will have to be exceptional.

              We've also struggled mightily against the run this year, as we all
              know. If Edge gets going, it will open things up even more for
              Manning. Limiting the effectiveness of the run will also be key.
              Third down efficiency on defense. Force some three-and-outs.

              On offense, we should be able to move the ball, and score. Tom has to
              be on his game (all 60 minutes) and Corey better be heathy. Don't
              look for many passes to the TEs. They will be pass blocking all
              night. I see a lot of short passes and draw/screen type things, to
              slow down the pressure early on. The Colts D hasn't really been
              tested. I'm sure they have improved, but they have yet to prove it
              against an explosive offense.

              Unless we can get an early lead, and make the Colts one-dimensional,
              it could be a long night. I hate the thought of Starks on any of
              those receivers. Lets hope Gay is activated.

              We're underdogs for good reason, but if we can control the ball, and
              prevent the big play, we have a chance. JMO.

              fdb

              --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Moore" <scmoore@a...> wrote:

              > What do we think for Monday night's game?
              > Will we win?

            • Frank
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 3, 2005
                Kind of misspoke myself. We really didn't have Ty Law last year. What
                I meant was over the course of the Manning era.

                Also, Mike Reiss indicated that the Pats have worked out FA RBs
                Olandis Gary, Erik Bickerstaff, and Quentin Griffin recently. If
                Dillon and Pass can't go, and Zeroue gone, it will be the immortal
                Heath Evans at tailback! Who backs him up? Klecko?!

                fdb

                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 3, 2005
                  Can we beat the Colts?

                  We couldn't last year in the playoffs and we have no more ability to beat them now then we did then...

                  Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:22 PM

                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 3, 2005
                    This was an excellent post as usual and I wanted to add a few things to it since I haven't dug out enough time for the preview on the page yet.

                    One other strength we've had with the Colts is not just disguise but study such that we would counter their audibles with our own audibles.  We'd understand their offense well enough to adjust to the Manning adjustments.  With so much based on audibles we were aware of them and often put exactly the change needed to stop their play.  This is what frustrated Manning even more than the disguise.  Harrison is a big loss to this process but Law was no part of that process in our 20-3 victory in the playoffs...and heck had Wilson held the int we would have shut him out entirely!  So I think Tedy is a help but we still will miss Harrison.  We also wish we had Gay in place of   Starks for certain.  I've been thinking about this a fair bit and if Starks is giving us so much trouble... for whatevert the reasons then why not take him out of Man to man.  Gay did practice this week on Wednesday but I'm not expecting miracles from him but why not Zone form to react to Manning's situations.  Make the game based on the short game and punishing them...make them be perfect to earn each score...effectively the much absent bend but don't break as opposed to the bend and break we've emplyed thus far.  It's harder to run against a zone and it's easier to limit the challenges of a particular corner... just a thought.

                    To me the status of our own run game and Tommy being poised and sharp more of the game are the essential criteria for taking the Colts out of their game.  That and a crowd willing to work hard to make it a hard day on Manning...

                    "Cut that Meat!"

                    Go Pats
                    Our success over the years against Peyton has been predicated upon
                    befuddling him with coverages; forcing him into mistakes.
                    Unfortunately, that may be very difficult to accomplish with the
                    secondary we have in place at the moment. It's not just the talent
                    level, but the intellect. Last year we had Harrison and Law running
                    the show, directing traffic. No one has stepped up to take on that
                    role since Rodney went down. Getting Gay back will help, but he's in
                    no position to take control back there. I'm a little surprised Wilson
                    hasn't taken the bull by the horns.

                    We could mitigate the situation with more pressure, and I think
                    that's what we will try to do. It's extremely dangerous against
                    Manning, and considering our inconsistancy in the pass rush, it's
                    likely to backfire. He's as good as anyone in reading the blitz and
                    hitting the hot receiver. Our disguises will have to be exceptional.

                    We've also struggled mightily against the run this year, as we all
                    know. If Edge gets going, it will open things up even more for
                    Manning. Limiting the effectiveness of the run will also be key.
                    Third down efficiency on defense. Force some three-and-outs.

                    On offense, we should be able to move the ball, and score. Tom has to
                    be on his game (all 60 minutes) and Corey better be heathy. Don't
                    look for many passes to the TEs. They will be pass blocking all
                    night. I see a lot of short passes and draw/screen type things, to
                    slow down the pressure early on. The Colts D hasn't really been
                    tested. I'm sure they have improved, but they have yet to prove it
                    against an explosive offense.

                    Unless we can get an early lead, and make the Colts one-dimensional,
                    it could be a long night. I hate the thought of Starks on any of
                    those receivers. Lets hope Gay is activated.

                    We're underdogs for good reason, but if we can control the ball, and
                    prevent the big play, we have a chance. JMO.

                    fdb

                    --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Moore" <scmoore@a...> wrote:

                    > What do we think for Monday night's game?
                    > Will we win?

                  • chris dressler

                      Our success over the years against Peyton has been predicated upon
                      befuddling him with coverages; forcing him into mistakes.
                      Unfortunately, that may be very difficult to accomplish with the
                      secondary we have in place at the moment. It's not just the talent
                      level, but the intellect. Last year we had Harrison and Law running
                      the show, directing traffic. No one has stepped up to take on that
                      role since Rodney went down. Getting Gay back will help, but he's in
                      no position to take control back there. I'm a little surprised Wilson
                      hasn't taken the bull by the horns.

                      We could mitigate the situation with more pressure, and I think
                      that's what we will try to do. It's extremely dangerous against
                      Manning, and considering our inconsistancy in the pass rush, it's
                      likely to backfire. He's as good as anyone in reading the blitz and
                      hitting the hot receiver. Our disguises will have to be exceptional.

                      We've also struggled mightily against the run this year, as we all
                      know. If Edge gets going, it will open things up even more for
                      Manning. Limiting the effectiveness of the run will also be key.
                      Third down efficiency on defense. Force some three-and-outs.

                      On offense, we should be able to move the ball, and score. Tom has to
                      be on his game (all 60 minutes) and Corey better be heathy. Don't
                      look for many passes to the TEs. They will be pass blocking all
                      night. I see a lot of short passes and draw/screen type things, to
                      slow down the pressure early on. The Colts D hasn't really been
                      tested. I'm sure they have improved, but they have yet to prove it
                      against an explosive offense.

                      Unless we can get an early lead, and make the Colts one-dimensional,
                      it could be a long night. I hate the thought of Starks on any of
                      those receivers. Lets hope Gay is activated.

                      We're underdogs for good reason, but if we can control the ball, and
                      prevent the big play, we have a chance. JMO.

                      fdb

                      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Moore" <scmoore@a...> wrote:

                      > What do we think for Monday night's game?
                      > Will we win?

                    • Peter Anderson
                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 3, 2005
                        And this year's version is even better "DE-CAF, DE-CAF"

                        Peter