Tedy B is #1....

  • Karen Cardoza
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2005

      But then again... I already knew that didn't I?!

      Bruschi Is AFC Defensive Player of Week

      Tedy Bruschi, Returning Eight Months After a Stroke, Is AFC's Defensive Player of the Week

      The Associated Press

      NEW YORK - New England's Tedy Bruschi, returning to the lineup eight months after a stroke, is the AFC's defensive player of the week.

      Bruschi had 10 tackles Sunday in the Patriots' 21-16 win over Buffalo. He played nearly full-time in his first game since the Super Bowl.

      Other AFC players honored were Denver quarterback Jake Plummer (offense) and Houston's Jerome Mathis (special teams).

      The NFC players of the week were Tiki Barber of the New York Giants (offense); Charles Tillman of Chicago (defense) and Joe Nedney of San Francisco (special teams).

      Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

      Copyright © 2005 ABC News Internet Ventures