Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Bills)

    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 31, 2005
      "Jacob W. Michaels" <wicked@...> wrote:

       What I will
      criticize them for is the pre-game. They weren't talking over the Patriots
      introductions at the start and you could tell they were waiting so fans
      could hear the reaction to Bruschi. Except after two linebackers, they cut
      to Maguire and Kolber, who talked right over it. I was pissed, as I wanted
      to hear the fans when Tedy's name was announced.

      ***** (Rant mode ON) TV coverage on all networks is pissing me off more each season! We've had a lot of discussion about this in the past, so I won't rehash all the details. But the combination of their network promos, pre-recorded interview pieces, obsession with pre-set seasonal or career graphics, and excessive use of replay for "routine" plays, leaves the game as a patchwork quilt of plays. They totally interupt the flow of the game, and, as we saw often last night, often run their sidebar crap right over critical plays!

      ***** They are so damn self-serving that it's pathetic. Is there anybody who doesn't share my belief that at least 75% of the fans watching these games would want to cut back on that crap by at least half to focus on the damn game being played on the field?!

      George
      "Win One For The Bruschi!"
       R.I.P. Ostend
      Message 38 of 38 , Dec 30, 2014
        Dave, your FF league plays 17 weeks? That is what sucks. :-)

        --- George
        GO PATRIOTS! Happy New Year to all!

        On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 4:33 AM, 'Levine, David' david-levine@... [patriotzip] <patriotzip@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        No reason to go on and on for a preseason game.

        The Good
        - The big guys stayed healthy with Edelman and Gronk as healthy scratches. Brady was hit once or twice but nothing dangerous.
        - I liked the way Jimmy G handled himself under heavy pressure. He has some scrambling ability that I didn't realize he had and seems confident out there. He needs some more time to develop but he looks like a keeper.
        - Brady gives up $24M guaranteed for a $3M bump over the next 3 years. It doesn't do anything to the cap except the $3M. Glad to see he is still a team first guy.
        - Amendola needs to be returning for us to keep JE11 fresh. He can do everything we need and with his limited offensive involvement, it would be a good thing.

        The Bad
        - I wanted our second string OL out there the entire time and see if they could get anything going.
        - Didn't need to see Solder out there and get hurt. Supposedly a knee and we won't know anything until game time next week.
        - LaFell didn't need to have any more playing time and I held my breath when he came up gimpy. Nice to see him get back into the game later so he should be fine. Should have had Boyce out there for some reps.
        - I hate the Steelers more than any other team right now. I was hoping Cincy wouldn't lay an egg but they did. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a Baltimore win.

        The Ugly
        - Lots of coaches gone and a couple probably a little too soon. By Sexy Rexy. I am not sorry to see you go.
        - I came in second place in my fantasy league by 1 point. Had L Bell going against AJ Green for second place and Bell got hurt before Green did. Sucks that in an overall point league, 1 point cost me 2nd.

        Dave