The WORST ...

    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 30, 2005
      ... half of offensive football I have seen a Patriots team play that I can recall. The ending said it all. A delay penalty on a FG attempt, followed by a Vinatieri miss.

      How the HELL can you explain this?! This is a CRITICAL DIVISION GAME! WTF IS GOING ON?!

      George
      "Win One For The Bruschi!"
       R.I.P. Ostend
    • rogue35lk
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 30, 2005
        I couldn't agree more and now into the 4th Qter things haven't
        changed much.

        I hate to say it but this team is going no where fast.

        --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George <patswingr@y...> wrote:

        > ... half of offensive football I have seen a Patriots team play
        that I can recall. The ending said it all. A delay penalty on a FG
        attempt, followed by a Vinatieri miss.

        > How the HELL can you explain this?! This is a CRITICAL DIVISION
        GAME! WTF IS GOING ON?!

        > George
        > "Win One For The Bruschi!"
        > R.I.P. Ostend
        > http://www.patriotzip.com/ostend.html

      • rogue35lk
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 30, 2005
          Well nothing like replying to myself :)

          Glad to see the boys pull it out, but if I was to be honest I still
          don't think the D is anywhere near good enough for us to compete at
          a championship level.

          One thing that is in our favor is that we know this team has always
          been built to peak around Thanksgiving. Hopefully that can be the
          case this year.

          Should be very intersting when Peyton and the boys roll into the
          Razor next monday.

          One question, who do you think is to blame for the Delay of game
          penalty at the end of the half? I know it's not Adam's
          responsibility, but shouldn't the holder have had an eye on the
          clock or was it the long snapper that held things up. And why
          wouldn't Bill call a timeout from the sidelines when he saw the
          clock his 1 or 2 seconds.

          --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "rogue35lk" <levon.knowles@m...>
          wrote:

          > I couldn't agree more and now into the 4th Qter things haven't
          > changed much.
          >
          > I hate to say it but this team is going no where fast.
          >

          > --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George <patswingr@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > ... half of offensive football I have seen a Patriots team play
          > that I can recall. The ending said it all. A delay penalty on a FG
          > attempt, followed by a Vinatieri miss.
          > >
          > > How the HELL can you explain this?! This is a CRITICAL DIVISION
          > GAME! WTF IS GOING ON?!
          > >

          > > George
          > > "Win One For The Bruschi!"
          > > R.I.P. Ostend
          > > http://www.patriotzip.com/ostend.html

        • Sue Von Iderstine
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 30, 2005
            BB just took responsibility for not calling timeout prior to taking the delay penalty.

            Sue

          • llj7366@aol.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 31, 2005
              We pulled it out but we are in trouble if we play like this on Monday.
            • Frank Northcutt
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 31, 2005
                I certainly agree with him. I thought sure they were just letting it
                run down to 1 or 2 seconds, to call a time out. Couldn't believe they
                would make that kind of tactical error.

                fdb

                --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Von Iderstine" <suevon@a...>
                wrote:

                > BB just took responsibility for not calling timeout prior to taking
                the
                > delay penalty.
                >
                > Sue

              • Frank Northcutt
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 31, 2005
                  Can't we talk Rodney into playing just one more game before his
                  surgery??? ;-)

                  If we can at least get Seymour and Gay back, and Corey stays healthy,
                  we've got a good chance. We always give Peyton fits, but we need the
                  right personnel.

                  fdb

                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 31, 2005
                    I can see our secondary giving anyone "fits" currently. Who knew
                    I'd miss Ty Law so much, maybe the Postons aren't all bad. Wait, I
                    think I just threw up a little in my mouth, just from thinking that.

                    --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Northcutt"

                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 2, 2005
                      Actually it is Adam's fault.  When he is set and ready for the snap he shrugs his shoulders as the signal which starts the process.  He didn't do it in time and so it was late.  The Snapper Lonnie is locked on him and Miller and unable to do such.  Miller is watching Adam for the signal.  It is Adam's job unfortunately.

                      As for BB he said he thought about it but saw they were fully set and expected they were just running close and would have it in time - without anything to indicate why they'd miss it he didn't want to call it and mess up their process.

                      I think I can forgive Adam though :)

                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 2, 2005
                        ***** OK. I'll forgive him. But one more mistake and that bum is outta here! ;-)

                        George

                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 2, 2005
                          Speaking of the Miller, I heard him on 890 ESPN Radio
                          with Micahel Felgers "Drive" show on Tuesday. Miller
                          is a very funny and entertaining guy. He matter of
                          factly stated that he saw the clock tick down to zero
                          and there was nothing he could do about it.

                          I hope he get on the show again.

                          --- "RandyZ. Pierce" <alaric02@...> wrote:

                          > Actually it is Adam's fault. When he is set and
                          > ready for the snap he shrugs his shoulders as the
                          > signal which starts the process. He didn't do it in
                          > time and so it was late. The Snapper Lonnie is
                          > locked on him and Miller and unable to do such.
                          > Miller is watching Adam for the signal. It is
                          > Adam's job unfortunately.
                          >
                          > As for BB he said he thought about it but saw they
                          > were fully set and expected they were just running
                          > close and would have it in time - without anything
                          > to indicate why they'd miss it he didn't want to
                          > call it and mess up their process.
                          >
                          > I think I can forgive Adam though :)
                          >
                          > Zip

                          "It's beocome quite apparent, Bill Belichick could put Diet Pepsi Machine in his secondary and everything will still be copasetic." - Rich Eisen NFL Network

                          __________________________________
                          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 2, 2005
                            What do we think for Monday night's game?
                            Will we win?

                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 3, 2005
                              Our success over the years against Peyton has been predicated upon
                              befuddling him with coverages; forcing him into mistakes.
                              Unfortunately, that may be very difficult to accomplish with the
                              secondary we have in place at the moment. It's not just the talent
                              level, but the intellect. Last year we had Harrison and Law running
                              the show, directing traffic. No one has stepped up to take on that
                              role since Rodney went down. Getting Gay back will help, but he's in
                              no position to take control back there. I'm a little surprised Wilson
                              hasn't taken the bull by the horns.

                              We could mitigate the situation with more pressure, and I think
                              that's what we will try to do. It's extremely dangerous against
                              Manning, and considering our inconsistancy in the pass rush, it's
                              likely to backfire. He's as good as anyone in reading the blitz and
                              hitting the hot receiver. Our disguises will have to be exceptional.

                              We've also struggled mightily against the run this year, as we all
                              know. If Edge gets going, it will open things up even more for
                              Manning. Limiting the effectiveness of the run will also be key.
                              Third down efficiency on defense. Force some three-and-outs.

                              On offense, we should be able to move the ball, and score. Tom has to
                              be on his game (all 60 minutes) and Corey better be heathy. Don't
                              look for many passes to the TEs. They will be pass blocking all
                              night. I see a lot of short passes and draw/screen type things, to
                              slow down the pressure early on. The Colts D hasn't really been
                              tested. I'm sure they have improved, but they have yet to prove it
                              against an explosive offense.

                              Unless we can get an early lead, and make the Colts one-dimensional,
                              it could be a long night. I hate the thought of Starks on any of
                              those receivers. Lets hope Gay is activated.

                              We're underdogs for good reason, but if we can control the ball, and
                              prevent the big play, we have a chance. JMO.

                              fdb

                              --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Moore" <scmoore@a...> wrote:

                              > What do we think for Monday night's game?
                              > Will we win?

                            • Frank
                              Message 14 of 18 , Nov 3, 2005
                                Kind of misspoke myself. We really didn't have Ty Law last year. What
                                I meant was over the course of the Manning era.

                                Also, Mike Reiss indicated that the Pats have worked out FA RBs
                                Olandis Gary, Erik Bickerstaff, and Quentin Griffin recently. If
                                Dillon and Pass can't go, and Zeroue gone, it will be the immortal
                                Heath Evans at tailback! Who backs him up? Klecko?!

                                fdb

                                Message 15 of 18 , Nov 3, 2005
                                  Can we beat the Colts?

                                  We couldn't last year in the playoffs and we have no more ability to beat them now then we did then...

                                  Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:22 PM

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Nov 3, 2005
                                    This was an excellent post as usual and I wanted to add a few things to it since I haven't dug out enough time for the preview on the page yet.

                                    One other strength we've had with the Colts is not just disguise but study such that we would counter their audibles with our own audibles.  We'd understand their offense well enough to adjust to the Manning adjustments.  With so much based on audibles we were aware of them and often put exactly the change needed to stop their play.  This is what frustrated Manning even more than the disguise.  Harrison is a big loss to this process but Law was no part of that process in our 20-3 victory in the playoffs...and heck had Wilson held the int we would have shut him out entirely!  So I think Tedy is a help but we still will miss Harrison.  We also wish we had Gay in place of   Starks for certain.  I've been thinking about this a fair bit and if Starks is giving us so much trouble... for whatevert the reasons then why not take him out of Man to man.  Gay did practice this week on Wednesday but I'm not expecting miracles from him but why not Zone form to react to Manning's situations.  Make the game based on the short game and punishing them...make them be perfect to earn each score...effectively the much absent bend but don't break as opposed to the bend and break we've emplyed thus far.  It's harder to run against a zone and it's easier to limit the challenges of a particular corner... just a thought.

                                    To me the status of our own run game and Tommy being poised and sharp more of the game are the essential criteria for taking the Colts out of their game.  That and a crowd willing to work hard to make it a hard day on Manning...

                                    "Cut that Meat!"

                                    Go Pats
                                    Our success over the years against Peyton has been predicated upon
                                    befuddling him with coverages; forcing him into mistakes.
                                    Unfortunately, that may be very difficult to accomplish with the
                                    secondary we have in place at the moment. It's not just the talent
                                    level, but the intellect. Last year we had Harrison and Law running
                                    the show, directing traffic. No one has stepped up to take on that
                                    role since Rodney went down. Getting Gay back will help, but he's in
                                    no position to take control back there. I'm a little surprised Wilson
                                    hasn't taken the bull by the horns.

                                    We could mitigate the situation with more pressure, and I think
                                    that's what we will try to do. It's extremely dangerous against
                                    Manning, and considering our inconsistancy in the pass rush, it's
                                    likely to backfire. He's as good as anyone in reading the blitz and
                                    hitting the hot receiver. Our disguises will have to be exceptional.

                                    We've also struggled mightily against the run this year, as we all
                                    know. If Edge gets going, it will open things up even more for
                                    Manning. Limiting the effectiveness of the run will also be key.
                                    Third down efficiency on defense. Force some three-and-outs.

                                    On offense, we should be able to move the ball, and score. Tom has to
                                    be on his game (all 60 minutes) and Corey better be heathy. Don't
                                    look for many passes to the TEs. They will be pass blocking all
                                    night. I see a lot of short passes and draw/screen type things, to
                                    slow down the pressure early on. The Colts D hasn't really been
                                    tested. I'm sure they have improved, but they have yet to prove it
                                    against an explosive offense.

                                    Unless we can get an early lead, and make the Colts one-dimensional,
                                    it could be a long night. I hate the thought of Starks on any of
                                    those receivers. Lets hope Gay is activated.

                                    We're underdogs for good reason, but if we can control the ball, and
                                    prevent the big play, we have a chance. JMO.

                                    fdb

                                    --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Moore" <scmoore@a...> wrote:

                                    > What do we think for Monday night's game?
                                    > Will we win?

                                  • chris dressler

                                      Our success over the years against Peyton has been predicated upon
                                      befuddling him with coverages; forcing him into mistakes.
                                      Unfortunately, that may be very difficult to accomplish with the
                                      secondary we have in place at the moment. It's not just the talent
                                      level, but the intellect. Last year we had Harrison and Law running
                                      the show, directing traffic. No one has stepped up to take on that
                                      role since Rodney went down. Getting Gay back will help, but he's in
                                      no position to take control back there. I'm a little surprised Wilson
                                      hasn't taken the bull by the horns.

                                      We could mitigate the situation with more pressure, and I think
                                      that's what we will try to do. It's extremely dangerous against
                                      Manning, and considering our inconsistancy in the pass rush, it's
                                      likely to backfire. He's as good as anyone in reading the blitz and
                                      hitting the hot receiver. Our disguises will have to be exceptional.

                                      We've also struggled mightily against the run this year, as we all
                                      know. If Edge gets going, it will open things up even more for
                                      Manning. Limiting the effectiveness of the run will also be key.
                                      Third down efficiency on defense. Force some three-and-outs.

                                      On offense, we should be able to move the ball, and score. Tom has to
                                      be on his game (all 60 minutes) and Corey better be heathy. Don't
                                      look for many passes to the TEs. They will be pass blocking all
                                      night. I see a lot of short passes and draw/screen type things, to
                                      slow down the pressure early on. The Colts D hasn't really been
                                      tested. I'm sure they have improved, but they have yet to prove it
                                      against an explosive offense.

                                      Unless we can get an early lead, and make the Colts one-dimensional,
                                      it could be a long night. I hate the thought of Starks on any of
                                      those receivers. Lets hope Gay is activated.

                                      We're underdogs for good reason, but if we can control the ball, and
                                      prevent the big play, we have a chance. JMO.

                                      fdb

                                      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Moore" <scmoore@a...> wrote:

                                      > What do we think for Monday night's game?
                                      > Will we win?

                                    • Peter Anderson
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Nov 3, 2005
                                        And this year's version is even better "DE-CAF, DE-CAF"

                                        Peter