Vegas Baby! Pat's friendly sports bar?

  • Don Diamant
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 27, 2005

      I had a ticket to this Sunday’s game and I am a real fan but I’m not going to be there.  I am going to be in Las Vegas working with global organizations brain storming and scheming on ways to make this planet a better place, in my opinion any way.  So regrettably I will not be at the infamous Razor Tailgate and that is deeply regrettable but some sacrifices need to be made.  Now for my point, since I will be in Vegas on Sunday evening I will be looking for a good Patriot friendly bar.  Hopefully, ESPNZone is the place because it is across the street from my hotel.  Does anyone on this list know where THE Patriots bar is in Vegas?

      Don

    • Barry Inciong
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 27, 2005
        This about 20 minutes away from the Strip but the Cauldron Tavern is
        THE Patriots Bar to go to when in Vegas. Here's some info:

        Patriots Games (generally 10:00 AM on Sundays)

        Football squares ($1 to $5 depending on buildup) if we fill a card,
        we make another until there are no more people wanting to buy
        squares
        Couch raffle "best seats in the house"
        Halftime "Beer Cooler Survivor" (see explanation at end of promotion
        list)
        1st Quarter giveaway – 2 New England Patriots Official Superbowl
        Champion Tee Shirts
        2nd Quarter giveaway – Reebok Official Patriots Jersey (all the rare
        ones, no Bradys, Dillons, Vinatieri since you all own those already)
        3rd Quarter giveaway – 2 New England Patriots Official Superbowl
        Champion Tee Shirts
        4th Quarter giveaway - $100 Value Memorabilia Piece (Different each
        week ie. Shadowboxes, framed pictures, etc)
        Fenway Franks (Kahn's steamrolled) yes we are special ordering them
        for football season, still working on getting them in consistently
        Dunkin Donuts (Original Blend) coffee for those of you not yet
        tainted by Starbucks every morning
        Drink Specials - $2 – 16 oz. Draught Pints (all domestics and
        imports) $2 Well Drinks (includes bloody marys and mimosas)
        Buckets of Sam Adams Light or Seasonal (6 in a bucket) for $10
        Patriots Score - $1 house shot (Patriots Shot and yes you can throw
        them at me if I'm behind the bar)
        $4 Chicken Fingers, Wings, Nachos, Chili Cheese Fries, $2 Chips and
        Salsa
        An undetermined breakfast special for the morning games (more than
        likely some cheap egg, meat, toast combo special)
        Other miscellaneous donated stuff giveaway all season donated from
        Sideline Sports (keychains, bumper stickers, pennants, decals)
        Giveaways and "winners" will be selected from raffle tickets handed
        out at door and also from purchasing Sam Adams Products and 4-of-a-
        kinds on the poker machines

        Monday Night Football Games (Monday Night duh)

        Football Squares ($1 to $5 depending on buildup)
        Couch raffle for "best seats in the house"
        Halftime "Beer Cooler Survivor" (see explanation at end of promotion
        list)
        1st Quarter giveaway – $25 Gift Certificate to Sideline Sports (or
        one of the MNF Team Jerseys)
        2nd Quarter giveaway – $50 Gift Certificate to Sideline Sports (or
        one of the MNF Team Jerseys)
        3rd Quarter giveaway – $25 Gift Certificate to Sideline Sports (or
        one of the MNF Team Jerseys)
        4th Quarter giveaway - $100 Gift Certificate to Sideline Sports (or
        one of the MNF Team Jerseys)
        Drink Specials - $2 – 16 oz. Draught Pints (domestics and imports)
        $2 Well Drinks
        Any team scores - $1 house shot
        $4 Chicken Fingers, Wings, Nachos, Chili Cheese Fries, $2 Chips and
        Salsa
        Other miscellaneous donated stuff giveaway all season donated from
        Sideline Sports (keychains, bumper stickers, pennants, decals)
        Giveaways and "winners" will be selected from raffle tickets handed
        out at door and also from purchasing Budweiser Products and 4-of-a-
        kinds on the poker machines
        The plan is to have the audio on in the entire bar for the Patriots
        Games, the two big screens in the lounge will be the Patriots game.
        There are 4 other TV's in the lounge and the first four people to
        request which game they would like on the smaller TV's will get
        those games on those TV's. Obviously if you want another game on
        for yourself, all you gotta do is request it before someone else,
        and no, calling it in doesn't count (nice try Eddie).

        The restaurant side of the Cauldron has 4 televisions and we will
        also have another 60 inch big screen in there for football season.
        The big screen and two of the TV's will always be the Patriots game
        and the other two will be the same as listed above, first come first
        served. We have 6 booths in the restaurant which are huge oversized
        booths made to seat about 6-8 people each (depending on whether
        people are either Flutie/Vinatieri size or Seymour/McGinest size).
        We ask that you make friends fast and ask `em to sit with ya, since
        the place only seats about 300 people and we hope to have no empty
        seats in the house during the games.

        We have a massive bar area, with 10 televisions around it and at
        least one TV on each side will be Patriots (more than likely two,
        but we'll ask whoever is in front of them what they wanna watch
        also). Due to the fact that we have video poker machines, we're
        trying to set aside that side of the bar with the machines so people
        that are going to play during the duration of the game have the
        ability to do so (it helps us stay in business) so for those of you
        not planning on donating to our future children's college fund via
        video poker machine, please try to grab one of the big booths or the
        beanbags or something early on. Unlike other bars in the past (we
        won't mention any names but it was named after the city it tried to
        be like and rhymes with Boston) we have plenty of cocktail servers
        and food servers scheduled so you won't have to get up for service
        unless you need to use the facilities or assist us in escorting out
        the lost Yankee fan or two that stumble in dumbfounded because they
        have a horrible team this year and need a drink.

        Football season is almost upon us, and we're sincerely glad to
        provide to all of you a little piece of what we miss from where we
        came from. Whether it's Sagamore Beach (yes it is part of Cape Cod
        dammit), Boston, Newport, Middleboro, Quincy, Nashua, Burlington,
        East Windsor or Martha's Vineyard you'll feel like your back home
        only without the damn snowshoveling after week 9. We are looking
        forward to seeing you all again real soon. Any questions or need of
        directions, call the bar at 877-9900 or if you just wanna catch up
        on old times most of you have my cel number already, but here it is
        again just in case 265-3719.

        Go Patriots, Go Sox and thank God hockey is coming back.

        Cauldron Tavern

        9140 W. Russell Road

        (702) 877-9900

        www.cauldrontavern.com
      • llj7366@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 28, 2005
          Wow, that sounds like so much fun.  I want to go, oops, I will be at the game!  Never mind!
          LISA