Some key stats...

  • Frank Northcutt
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2005
      Dillon 63 yds
      Tomlinson 134 yds

      Branch 1 reception 6 yds
      Gates 6 receptions 108 yds

      Sacks by NE 0
      Total yds by SD 431

      Pats have ONE interception so far in FOUR games.

      and...

      Too many injuries. No leadership on D with Bruschi and Harrison gone.
      Tackling was absolutely awful.
      SD receivers had all day to get open.
      No answer for Gates.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2005
        What are the chances of Belichick working his magic yet again, with reviews
        of this game?
        He's done so much in the past when injuries seemed to doom the team and
        looke where they've come. Was it two years ago they that they were down 0-2
        after the first two weeks and won the Super Bowl or was it the one before
        that? When they were down 0-2 I had NO idea that they'd be capable of coming
        back and winning.
        He always seems to find some way to come out ahead--remember the Pittsburgh
        loss last year and the ridiculous Miami loss?
        GO PATRIOTS!!!!! They have some tough teams ahead in the next three weeks,
        that's for sure.

        Susan

        Pats have ONE interception so far in FOUR games.

        and...

        Too many injuries. No leadership on D with Bruschi and Harrison gone.
        Tackling was absolutely awful.
        SD receivers had all day to get open.
        No answer for Gates.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Frank Northcutt
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2005
          2-2 is not the end of the world, with this brutal schedule, and
          depleted roster. Getting Gay and Poole back would be a big help.
          Safety is still going to be a problem.

          Either Vrabel or Wilson is going to take the reigns of this D, and be
          "the man". They need leadership.

          I think the O-line will be OK. The "kids" (Mankins and Kaczur) appear
          to be doing just fine, considering their tenure. I think it will gel.
          Of course they have had significant help from the TEs, and we're going
          to need those guys to catch some passes.

          fdb

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2005
            ***** This season is far from over. Keep in mind that
            the most important race of the regular season is the
            race for the Division Title. If we win the Eastern
            Division, we're in the Playoffs.

            ***** I believe we will be able to beat the Dolphins,
            Bills, and Jets for the Division Title. So, let's not
            worry about the injury situation in September. Let's
            see how it looks in December.

            ***** However, I will say that, based upon the way
            this team looks right now, if we produce another Super
            Bowl win, the DVD will have to be titled, "FOUR Games
            To Glory".

            George