Re: The Point After - NY Giants game

  • Frank Northcutt
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 2, 2005
      So, was anyone impressed with any of the players last night? ;-)

      Don Davis showed me a lot. He looked pretty comfortable calling the
      defensive plays, making adjustments, and making tackles. Mallard was
      around the ball a lot also.

      Is it me, or is Randall Gay a textbook tackler.

      Eckel and Chapman both had their moments, but I was more impressed
      with Chapman. Seemed to find the holes better. A little shiftier than
      I remember, last time I saw him. And he showed great hands catching
      that short bullet from Flutie.

      O-line did look pretty shakey. Not too impressed with our depth in
      that area.

      Actually, I thought Weaver looked pretty good. Had 3 or 4 catches, but
      missed an easy one. Didn't really notice how he did in blocking
      assignments.He probably had to be flawless to make the team.

      Both QBs struggled. I don't think it was just the protection. It is
      unfortunate, since those receivers weren't really given a fair chance
      to distinguish themselves. Wanted to see what they could do after the
      catch. Bethel's two big drops hurt, but that one at the pylon would
      have been pretty miraculous. Should have had the one over the middle.
      Sam showed a bit more life this week, but nobody stood out. Too many
      overthrows, and passes behind receivers, etc. I'm sure it's not what
      the coaching staff was hoping for.

      Flutie is an adequate backup. But all QBs need some protection. Hell,
      give Bledsoe enough time, and he'll find someone, and get him the
      ball. Of course, you need about 8 offensive linemen to give him that
      kind of time. LOL!. Fluie did use his legs to buy some time, but
      Cassel looked like the rookie that he is.

      The guesses?

      D. Davis and Mallard stay.
      Chapman stays (4 RBs).
      WR? Who the heck knows? It didn't clear up at all for me. Childress
      was OK on KRs, but didn't really break any.
      Fauria will probably get the nod, but I thought Weaver looked pretty
      good, except for the one easy drop.
      Marquis Hill will stay. He showed enough. Applied pressure, though he
      did overrun things a couple times.
      Hobbs will stay. Showed quickness on the corner blitzes, though his
      pass coverage wasn't the best.

      I guess we'll all know what our team looks like tomorrow.

      fdb

      --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "D Malachi Penney" <kalastos@y...>
      wrote:
      > I would second this observation. I like Flutie too and am glad he's
      > back in the fold for one more year before he retires.
      >
      > Doug
      >

      > > It's funny, the anti-Flutie people always come off more rabid than
      > the
      > > Flutie fans they can't stand. I just like Doug Flutie and I think
      > that
      > > had his contribution to the team in the late 80s not been ignored
      > the
      > > team would have fared a lot better during that time. It's not like
      > > think he's the greatest QB or he should play instead of Brady but
      > ignoring
      > > the fact that he was playing with an OL that won't all be with the
      > team
      > > this season is bullshit.
      > >
      > > On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, D Malachi Penney wrote:
      > >
      > > > He is one step away from a football god in Canada. I know you
      > probably
      > > > don't care about that but his rep is based on more than that one
      > HM
      > > > pass in college.
      > > >
      > > > Doug

      > in
      > > > college
      > > >

      > > > To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an
      > email to:
      > > >

      > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > > Christopher Robert Woods
      > > chris@p...
    • Don Diamant
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 2, 2005

        Come on dude, lighten up a little.  BTW – Jermaine Wiggins was top talent and the Skin’s felt David Patten was worth top money in his position…  Don’t believe the fantasy football numbers, they distort the real understanding of football play.  Bottom dwellers in fantasy football can be and often are the real reason for a team’s success.  I’ll take a team player over a fantasy football star any day.

        Don