Re: [patriotzip] The Point After - NY Giants game

  • Christopher Robert Woods
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 2, 2005
      On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 rockmaul74@... wrote:

      > oh right cause brady has always played with top notch talent like in 2001

      You are seriously comparing an OL that had Matt Light, Damien Woody, Mike
      Compton and Joe Andruzzi with Leyva, Mruczowski(sp?), Hochstein and a few
      other PS-at-best players?

      Get real dude. Both Flutie and Cassell were under pressure for the
      majority of the first half and it looked like there were a lot of missed
      blitz protection assignments.

      Why you people are getting so wound up over the performance of our 3rd
      string QB is beyond me. Flutie is a known commodity, put him out there
      with the first team and he'll get the job done.

      =================
      Christopher Robert Woods
      chris@...
    • Christopher Robert Woods
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 2, 2005
        It's funny, the anti-Flutie people always come off more rabid than the
        Flutie fans they can't stand. I just like Doug Flutie and I think that
        had his contribution to the team in the late 80s not been ignored the
        team would have fared a lot better during that time. It's not like I
        think he's the greatest QB or he should play instead of Brady but ignoring
        the fact that he was playing with an OL that won't all be with the team
        this season is bullshit.

        On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, D Malachi Penney wrote:

        > He is one step away from a football god in Canada. I know you probably
        > don't care about that but his rep is based on more than that one HM
        > pass in college.
        >
        > Doug
        >
        > > this new england obsession with flutie irks me, he made on pass in
        > college
        > > 21 years ago and hes' some kind of god
        >

        > To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an email to:
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        =================
        Christopher Robert Woods
        chris@...
      • Christopher Robert Woods
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 2, 2005
          25.

          On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 rockmaul74@... wrote:

          > i'm sorry i forgot, please remind me, how many titles did doug flutie win in
          > new england in the 1980's? you act like he saved the team

          =================
          Christopher Robert Woods
          chris@...
        • rockmaul74@aol.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 2, 2005
            this new england obsession with flutie irks me, he made on pass in college 21 years ago and hes' some kind of god
          • D Malachi Penney
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 2, 2005

              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 2, 2005
                great he's a football god in canada. brady's a football god in the country where football actually means something
              • rockmaul74@aol.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 2, 2005
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 2, 2005
                    i assume 25 is a joke.

                    I guess we agree to disagree
                  • llj7366@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 2, 2005
                      WOW!  A little animosity going on here.  I think that Flutie is a good back up and I am comfortable with this.  He did more than just throw a hale mary in college.  He was a very good college quarterback and would not have been in that game if he wasn't.  It is nice to have a guy from around the area on the team, in my opinion.  Do I think that we will go to the Super Bowl if Brady gets hurt??  NOPE!  But that is not going to happen!
                      So, with that said.  Cassell is a rookie and he will be fine too.  Coach B. knows what he is doing and I have every faith that he sees something in this kid.  Do I think he is the next Brady?  Not really, but you never know.  I did not think that Brady was the next Brady!  Time will tell.
                      Lisa  (can't we just all get along!!)
                    • rockmaul74@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 2, 2005
                        oh i'm sorry, rod rutledge jermaine wiggens david paten charles johnon antwon smith, greg robinson randall were all top talent?
                      • D Malachi Penney
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 2, 2005
                          I would second this observation. I like Flutie too and am glad he's
                          back in the fold for one more year before he retires.

                          Doug

                          > It's funny, the anti-Flutie people always come off more rabid than
                          the
                          > Flutie fans they can't stand. I just like Doug Flutie and I think
                          that
                          > had his contribution to the team in the late 80s not been ignored
                          the
                          > team would have fared a lot better during that time. It's not like
                          > think he's the greatest QB or he should play instead of Brady but
                          ignoring
                          > the fact that he was playing with an OL that won't all be with the
                          team
                          > this season is bullshit.
                          >
                          > On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, D Malachi Penney wrote:
                          >
                          > > He is one step away from a football god in Canada. I know you
                          probably
                          > > don't care about that but his rep is based on more than that one
                          HM
                          > > pass in college.
                          > >
                          > > Doug
                          > >
                          > > > this new england obsession with flutie irks me, he made on pass
                          in
                          > > college
                          > > > 21 years ago and hes' some kind of god
                          > >

                          > > To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an
                          email to:

                          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                          > >

                          > =================
                          > Christopher Robert Woods
                          > chris@p...
                        • Frank Northcutt
                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 2, 2005
                            So, was anyone impressed with any of the players last night? ;-)

                            Don Davis showed me a lot. He looked pretty comfortable calling the
                            defensive plays, making adjustments, and making tackles. Mallard was
                            around the ball a lot also.

                            Is it me, or is Randall Gay a textbook tackler.

                            Eckel and Chapman both had their moments, but I was more impressed
                            with Chapman. Seemed to find the holes better. A little shiftier than
                            I remember, last time I saw him. And he showed great hands catching
                            that short bullet from Flutie.

                            O-line did look pretty shakey. Not too impressed with our depth in
                            that area.

                            Actually, I thought Weaver looked pretty good. Had 3 or 4 catches, but
                            missed an easy one. Didn't really notice how he did in blocking
                            assignments.He probably had to be flawless to make the team.

                            Both QBs struggled. I don't think it was just the protection. It is
                            unfortunate, since those receivers weren't really given a fair chance
                            to distinguish themselves. Wanted to see what they could do after the
                            catch. Bethel's two big drops hurt, but that one at the pylon would
                            have been pretty miraculous. Should have had the one over the middle.
                            Sam showed a bit more life this week, but nobody stood out. Too many
                            overthrows, and passes behind receivers, etc. I'm sure it's not what
                            the coaching staff was hoping for.

                            Flutie is an adequate backup. But all QBs need some protection. Hell,
                            give Bledsoe enough time, and he'll find someone, and get him the
                            ball. Of course, you need about 8 offensive linemen to give him that
                            kind of time. LOL!. Fluie did use his legs to buy some time, but
                            Cassel looked like the rookie that he is.

                            The guesses?

                            D. Davis and Mallard stay.
                            Chapman stays (4 RBs).
                            WR? Who the heck knows? It didn't clear up at all for me. Childress
                            was OK on KRs, but didn't really break any.
                            Fauria will probably get the nod, but I thought Weaver looked pretty
                            good, except for the one easy drop.
                            Marquis Hill will stay. He showed enough. Applied pressure, though he
                            did overrun things a couple times.
                            Hobbs will stay. Showed quickness on the corner blitzes, though his
                            pass coverage wasn't the best.

                            I guess we'll all know what our team looks like tomorrow.

                            fdb

                            --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, "D Malachi Penney" <kalastos@y...>
                            wrote:
                            > I would second this observation. I like Flutie too and am glad he's
                            > back in the fold for one more year before he retires.
                            >
                            > Doug
                            >

                            > > It's funny, the anti-Flutie people always come off more rabid than
                            > the
                            > > Flutie fans they can't stand. I just like Doug Flutie and I think
                            > that
                            > > had his contribution to the team in the late 80s not been ignored
                            > the
                            > > team would have fared a lot better during that time. It's not like
                            > > think he's the greatest QB or he should play instead of Brady but
                            > ignoring
                            > > the fact that he was playing with an OL that won't all be with the
                            > team
                            > > this season is bullshit.
                            > >
                            > > On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, D Malachi Penney wrote:
                            > >
                            > > > He is one step away from a football god in Canada. I know you
                            > probably
                            > > > don't care about that but his rep is based on more than that one
                            > HM
                            > > > pass in college.
                            > > >
                            > > > Doug

                            > in
                            > > > college
                            > > >

                            > > > To unsubscribe from Zip's New England Patriots Fan Group, send an
                            > email to:
                            > > >

                            > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                            > > Christopher Robert Woods
                            > > chris@p...
                          • Don Diamant
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 2, 2005

                              Come on dude, lighten up a little.  BTW – Jermaine Wiggins was top talent and the Skin’s felt David Patten was worth top money in his position…  Don’t believe the fantasy football numbers, they distort the real understanding of football play.  Bottom dwellers in fantasy football can be and often are the real reason for a team’s success.  I’ll take a team player over a fantasy football star any day.

                              Don