Re: [patriotzip] New Orleans

  • chris dressler
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
      I think that the league should be giving more... or some players need to step up and start giving.  We are talking about guys that make millions to play a game!

      Maybe TO will donate his yearly salary!

      In all seriousness... it bothers me to see all of these actors/famous people say they are going to have benefits concerts or auctions for New Orleans... why have a benefit, just contribute some of your millions and stop trying to milk the people that live pay check to pay check.

      I plan on donating what I can... it is not much but it is something.

      Mark <packy001@...> wrote:
      The League is contributing $1M overall, but I wouldn't
      be surprised if you see something out of the Patriots
      around the game against New Orleans.

      --- Frank Northcutt <frank.dana@...> wrote:

      > Just curious, has anyone heard if the Pats are
      > contributing to
      > disaster relief for New Orleans? I haven't heard
      > anything on any news
      > outlets.
      >
      > fdb

      "We never lose the hat and shirt games.  If we know we're going to get
      hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Mark
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
        I work with an AF officer from Louisiana that attended
        the New Orleans pre-season game with me. He has an
        uncle that has MS and couldn't move ... they haven't
        been able to get in touch with him and they fear the
        worst.

        I will be doing something, probably sending money to
        the Red Cross and possibly more!

        --- chris dressler <dres74@...> wrote:

        > I think that the league should be giving more... or
        > some players need to step up and start giving. We
        > are talking about guys that make millions to play a
        > game!
        >
        > Maybe TO will donate his yearly salary!
        >
        > In all seriousness... it bothers me to see all of
        > these actors/famous people say they are going to
        > have benefits concerts or auctions for New
        > Orleans... why have a benefit, just contribute some
        > of your millions and stop trying to milk the people
        > that live pay check to pay check.
        >
        > I plan on donating what I can... it is not much but
        > it is something.
        >
        > Mark <packy001@...> wrote:
        > The League is contributing $1M overall, but I
        > wouldn't
        > be surprised if you see something out of the
        > Patriots
        > around the game against New Orleans.
        >

        > --- Frank Northcutt <frank.dana@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Just curious, has anyone heard if the Pats are
        > > contributing to
        > > disaster relief for New Orleans? I haven't heard
        > > anything on any news
        > > outlets.
        > >
        > > fdb
        > >

        > "We never lose the hat and shirt games. If we know
        > we're going to get
        > hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

        > Group, send an email to:

        > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

        > protection around
        > http://mail.yahoo.com

        "We never lose the hat and shirt games. If we know we're going to get
        hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Sue Von Iderstine
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
          Yes...The Kraft family will match up to $100,000 that the players contribute.  They're hoping to donate $200,000.

          Sue

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
            ***** "Chump change" for both the players and Kraft!

            George

            --- Sue Von Iderstine <suevon@...> wrote:

            > Yes...The Kraft family will match up to $100,000
            > that the players contribute
            > They're hoping to donate $200,000.
            >
            > Sue

          • Frank Northcutt
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2, 2005
              Yes, it's chump change, but you can't really complain about anyone who
              contributes. I'm sure a lot of people (and players) contribute
              privately, as well. Kraft could do more, of course, and he may yet.

              fdb

              --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George <patswingr@y...> wrote:
              > ***** "Chump change" for both the players and Kraft!
              >
              > George
              >
              > --- Sue Von Iderstine <suevon@a...> wrote:
              >
              > > Yes...The Kraft family will match up to $100,000
              > > that the players contribute
              > > They're hoping to donate $200,000.
              > >
              > > Sue

            • Ed Bryant