New Orleans

  • Frank Northcutt
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
      Just curious, has anyone heard if the Pats are contributing to
      disaster relief for New Orleans? I haven't heard anything on any news
      outlets.

      fdb
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
        The League is contributing $1M overall, but I wouldn't
        be surprised if you see something out of the Patriots
        around the game against New Orleans.

        --- Frank Northcutt <frank.dana@...> wrote:

        > Just curious, has anyone heard if the Pats are
        > contributing to
        > disaster relief for New Orleans? I haven't heard
        > anything on any news
        > outlets.
        >
        > fdb

        "We never lose the hat and shirt games. If we know we're going to get
        hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

        __________________________________
        Yahoo! Mail for Mobile
        http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
      • chris dressler
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
          I think that the league should be giving more... or some players need to step up and start giving.  We are talking about guys that make millions to play a game!

          Maybe TO will donate his yearly salary!

          In all seriousness... it bothers me to see all of these actors/famous people say they are going to have benefits concerts or auctions for New Orleans... why have a benefit, just contribute some of your millions and stop trying to milk the people that live pay check to pay check.

          I plan on donating what I can... it is not much but it is something.

          Mark <packy001@...> wrote:
          The League is contributing $1M overall, but I wouldn't
          be surprised if you see something out of the Patriots
          around the game against New Orleans.

          --- Frank Northcutt <frank.dana@...> wrote:

          > Just curious, has anyone heard if the Pats are
          > contributing to
          > disaster relief for New Orleans? I haven't heard
          > anything on any news
          > outlets.
          >
          > fdb

          "We never lose the hat and shirt games.  If we know we're going to get
          hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Mark
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
            I work with an AF officer from Louisiana that attended
            the New Orleans pre-season game with me. He has an
            uncle that has MS and couldn't move ... they haven't
            been able to get in touch with him and they fear the
            worst.

            I will be doing something, probably sending money to
            the Red Cross and possibly more!

            --- chris dressler <dres74@...> wrote:

            > I think that the league should be giving more... or
            > some players need to step up and start giving. We
            > are talking about guys that make millions to play a
            > game!
            >
            > Maybe TO will donate his yearly salary!
            >
            > In all seriousness... it bothers me to see all of
            > these actors/famous people say they are going to
            > have benefits concerts or auctions for New
            > Orleans... why have a benefit, just contribute some
            > of your millions and stop trying to milk the people
            > that live pay check to pay check.
            >
            > I plan on donating what I can... it is not much but
            > it is something.
            >
            > Mark <packy001@...> wrote:
            > The League is contributing $1M overall, but I
            > wouldn't
            > be surprised if you see something out of the
            > Patriots
            > around the game against New Orleans.
            >

            > --- Frank Northcutt <frank.dana@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Just curious, has anyone heard if the Pats are
            > > contributing to
            > > disaster relief for New Orleans? I haven't heard
            > > anything on any news
            > > outlets.
            > >
            > > fdb
            > >

            > "We never lose the hat and shirt games. If we know
            > we're going to get
            > hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

            > Group, send an email to:

            > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

            > protection around
            > http://mail.yahoo.com

            "We never lose the hat and shirt games. If we know we're going to get
            hats and shirts, we win." - Tedy Bruschi

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Sue Von Iderstine
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
              Yes...The Kraft family will match up to $100,000 that the players contribute.  They're hoping to donate $200,000.

              Sue

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
                ***** "Chump change" for both the players and Kraft!

                George

                --- Sue Von Iderstine <suevon@...> wrote:

                > Yes...The Kraft family will match up to $100,000
                > that the players contribute
                > They're hoping to donate $200,000.
                >
                > Sue

              • Frank Northcutt
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 2, 2005
                  Yes, it's chump change, but you can't really complain about anyone who
                  contributes. I'm sure a lot of people (and players) contribute
                  privately, as well. Kraft could do more, of course, and he may yet.

                  fdb

                  --- In patriotzip@yahoogroups.com, George <patswingr@y...> wrote:
                  > ***** "Chump change" for both the players and Kraft!
                  >
                  > George
                  >
                  > --- Sue Von Iderstine <suevon@a...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Yes...The Kraft family will match up to $100,000
                  > > that the players contribute
                  > > They're hoping to donate $200,000.
                  > >
                  > > Sue

                • Ed Bryant