Re: [patriotzip] Mrs. B's TC Report 8/1/05

  • chris dressler
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2005
      Like I said... keep your eye on that rookie kicker!  I watched him play 3 of his 4 years at PSU and he is a great kicker.

      Karen Cardoza <PatsFan54@...> wrote:

      08/01/05PM

          Just got back from a beautiful sunny afternoon practice.  The crowd was decent but not mobbed.  Guys were in full pads and I grabbed my usual spot on the hill.  As soon as I arrived, Mike Reiss came out of the tent to say hello to me and to once again congratulate me on the reports and podcast.  He even went so far as to tell me that I was the pioneer of the training camp report format that the bloggers are following now.  I told him how impressed everyone is with him as well and thanked him for a great job.  He's a talented guy and a nice one at that!

      • Dwight was dressed and practicing but Willie was back in shorts along with the rest of the regular "bubble boys".    Add Marquise Hill to the list of those not dressed too.

      • Big POP and Surprise of the day:  During my favorite drill, a running back faces off against a linebacker and they go at it   1:1 to drive the other player  to the ground (or elude the opponent), Matt Chatham totally LEVELED Dillon!  The crowd went wild.  Against other opponents 58 was very elusive and avoiding being overtaken.

      • Izzo can really lay on the hit... as evidenced in the above drill.

      • Fauria had one outstanding catch today during the hurry up  from Cassel under tight coverage then on the very next play totally blew it in the EZ with the ball bouncing off the numbers to end the drive.  He also missed quite a few balls today that he should have caught.  I'm sure that there's no room for him this year with performances like that.

      • By the same token, Jed Weaver was  favorite target but he also had one outstanding TD catch i with TBC right on him but dropped MUCHO balls today... doghouse for him!

      • Cassel looked like the #2 guy out there today... Flutie just didn't have it IMO and his timing seemed off.

      • Today's practice offered the first field goals towards the crowd on the hill much to the delight of the fans.  One guy caught a ricocheted  ball in the face then on the next FG ended up catching it... repayment for the earlier blooper.  Adam was 5:5.  Rookie Gould hit for 100% as well and has quite the boot...sending one over the media tent.

      • Watson and Givens were consistent today and Jason Alexander also hauled in a couple of nice passes near the back of the EZ during drills.

      • DBs signed today.

          Check out the podcast for play by play and more commentary as well as fluff stuff.  It should be up later tonight along with the pictures that I've been promising but haven't delivered all week.  Tomorrow is the season ticket holders practice in the stadium at night with a regular practice in the morning.

      http://mail.yahoo.com